Canadian Natural Resources has an exciting opportunity for an Asset Integrity Engineer to join our Albian Oil Sands team. The successful candidate will be an essential source of expertise, providing professional guidance and support to advise our Operations team on the full life cycle of all fixed plant equipment. You will have significant opportunity to work closely with the organization and industry to improve on, and develop; welding and weld overlay technologies for the Oil Sands industry.
- Proactively identifying potential and existing operational threats in the business units
- Drive resolution of the threats in cooperation with other disciplines in the business unit
- Drive risk and fitness for service assessments efforts to ensure safe and reliable operations within the business unit
- Provide technical support to In-Service Inspection on the inspection and repair of equipment, understanding degradation mechanisms
- Ensure Degradation Manuals are accurate and current with latest unit damage mechanisms.
- Guarantee failures are investigated and root causes are addressed
- Participate in the technical review of material selections, welding, NDE, coating, and insulation procedures, based on national/international codes and standards and governing documents, for all piping, equipment and structural systems
- Strive for continuous improvement to the reliability of the unit they are responsible for (Material reviews, design changes, chemical program enhancements, monitoring program enhancements, etc.)
- Ensure changes are thoroughly understood and the impact is understood (MOC reviews, etc.)
- Job location: Albian Oil Sands – Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Shift schedule: 4 day on, 3 days off, 10 hour days, Monday – Thursday
- Eligible for relocation to Calgary, Edmonton or Fort McMurray
- Company sponsored fly-in/fly-out program from Calgary or Edmonton and camp facilities
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
- This is a safety sensitive position
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, registered with APEGA; preference in materials or mechanical engineering
- Typically, 5+ years in oil and gas production plants, Oil Sands, refineries and/or chemical plants
- Knowledge in ASME B31.3, 31.4, API 570, 571, 579, 510, and 653 is an asset
- Solid experience in corrosion and erosion affecting operating units in Oil Sands plants including Ore Preparation, Extraction, Tailings, Froth Treatment and Utilities
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – CNRL – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
Application deadline is May 26, 2023. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.
Be the first to comment