Building Inspector – Corpus Christi, TX
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Building Inspector to work within their facilities located in Corpus Christi, TX, for an 18-month assignment.
- Mechanical, plumbing, electrical and architectural inspection.
- Review and approve or amend inspection & test plan and ensure hold points are followed during inspection activities.
- Monitor subcontractor daily construction activities to ensure construction is consistent with approved plans and specifications.
- Check work in all buildings (i.e. sprinklers in buildings, codes, quality, etc.)
- Perform inspections and audits before/during/post-building completion.
- Create short-interval look-ahead project schedules that make sure that upcoming events are communicated, tracked, and are being proactively attended to.
- Create and maintain a culture that values safety, health, and cleanliness.
- Verify that all work is installed in a workmanlike manner (i.e.: plumb, level, straight, etc…)
- Obtain all inspections and ensure that the quality aspects of the physical work are fully documented.
- Ensure all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place.
- Meeting with client representatives regularly to discuss the status of projects, to proactively identify and resolve problems and to ensure that the client is kept knowledgeable about the status of the work
- Manage the punch list and project closeout process to assure timely completion
- Experience in commercial/industrial construction – warehouses, office buildings, storage buildings, etc.
- Familiarity with International Building Code
- Building Inspection experience w/certifications
- Familiarity with MEP, structural steel, concrete, etc.
- Ability to read, interpret, and redline blueprints, drawings, and IFC documents with precision.
- Ability to construct detailed weekly reports
- Strong knowledge of construction processes, standards, and safety regulations.
- Strong communication skills for effective collaboration with clients, stakeholders, and project teams.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills for proactive issue identification and resolution.
- 10 years’ experience as a Building Inspector.
- Previous experience in construction management, project management, or a related field.
- Certification as a building inspector or relevant certifications in construction preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.airswift.com.