Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Facilities planning is responsible for the development and coordination of the capital program throughout the Company.
We are seeking a Capital Program and Budgets Lead Engineer to join the Capital Program and Budgets Division of Facilities Planning. The Capital Program and Budgets Division (CP&BD) is responsible the development and coordination of Saudi Aramco’s Capital Program & Budget and assisting the preparation of project Expenditure Requests for gate review and approval by senior management and Board. The successful candidate will be part of the Capital Program and Budgets Division which is a component of the Facilities Planning Department, Engineering Services. CP&BD comprises the Capital Programs Group, Expenditure Requests Group and Capital Management System Group. The activities of CP&BD include developing and maintaining manuals and governing procedures used in support of the Capital Program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as an SME in the development of the Capital Program and Budgets.
- review of the merits and validity of project business case submittals that will include an assessment of economic robustness and compliance against internal corporate guidelines.
- will be expected to make recommendations where necessary and work across Business Lines to achieve alignment of project business case reviews.
- Coordinate review of annual project submittals to ensure business cases are coherent and of high quality prior to management review.
- Lead the review of Capital Program and ER planning briefs against compliance to internal departmental standards prior to endorsement and approval of management.
- Participate in a lead role in the development of presentations for senior management and executive level management.
- A comprehensive understanding of the interdependency between Capital Program and ER planning cycles, and approval authorities will be expected.
- Communication of monthly status reports on ER funding and Capital Program variances and reporting of key performance indicators on capital planning and expenditure requests, interpreting the results and making recommendations where necessary.
- Periodic review of internal company standards and their application to capital planning and expenditure request processes is expected, making recommendations for enhancements where necessary.
- The role will be expected to build strong working relationships internally within the department and across Business Lines and to provide mentorship and training to graduate level talent in support of Saudi Aramco objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business discipline from a recognized and approved program. An advanced degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Business is preferred.
- From seven to ten ( 7 – 10 ) years experience in a planning function related to capital project development and expenditure request funding, including at least three to five years’ in an engineering or project management role.
- You will have knowledge in project economic evaluation and risk assessment
- You will be expected to participate in management reviews in a lead role, make recommendations and coordinate implementation of changes and follow up actions
- You will have extensive knowledge of capital planning processes and project funding requirements
- You will be able to demonstrate competence in application of capital investment portfolio and optimization techniques
- You will have knowledge project economics probabilistic modelling
- You will have knowledge on cost estimate development, WBS breakdown and reconciliation
- You will be able to demonstrate good working knowledge of Microsoft suite of applications
- You will have proficient working knowledge and of SAP PRC module and Oracle, but is not essential.
- You will bring best practice to the capital planning and expenditure request functions to enhance efficiency of current work processes
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.