Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Clastic Sedimentologist to join the Geological Solutions Division of Geological Operations Department.
The Geological Solutions Division is responsible for providing solutions and support in the fields of Sedimentology, Petrography and Paleontology to exploration and development activities.
The specialist’s primary role is to provide comprehensive support to exploration and development activities in the field of sedimentary geology with focuses on siliciclastic sedimentology and stratigraphy.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- As a successful candidate you will conduct advanced sedimentological studies including core descriptions, petrography, diagenesis and reservoir quality in order to support long-term and short-term Saudi Aramco operations, provide rapid sedimentological support to ongoing drilling operations, prepare advanced technical reports in multiple formats, and deliver digital sedimentologic products including reports, core descriptions, cross-sections, GDE maps, block diagrams, and conceptual models.
- You will also provide training and mentorships to co-workers and young professionals, and communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues in the group and beyond.
- The successful candidate shall adhere to and comply with all rules and regulations by Saudi Aramco, represent Saudi Aramco in the most professional manner during out of company assignments (e.g. course, conference, workshops.. etc.) and Practice safe behaviors on and off duty.
As the successful candidate you will have a Bachelor Degree in Geology from recognized and approved program. An advanced degree in siliciclastic sedimentology / sedimentary geology is essential and will reduce prerequisite work experience stated below by a Master’s Degree or a Ph.D. degree.
- You will also have fifteen years of experience in siliciclastic sedimentology and stratigraphy, preferably in the oil industry.
- As the successful candidate you will have a prior experience in detailed description and interpretation of siliciclastic successions, have an excellent background in recognizing and interpreting sediments of different depositional settings including eolian, fluvial, marginal marine, shallow marine and glaciogenic settings, be familiar with the principles and applications of the techniques of petrology (e.g. thin sections, SEM and XRD) to siliciclastic successions.
- You will also be able to integrate different datasets, e.g. sedimentology, sequence stratigraphy, biostratigraphy and chemostratigraphy.
- You will also have the ability to communicate effectively with fellow professionals in spoken and written English.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.