Type of contract
Minimum 3 years
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in community relations, event management, or similar roles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to plan, proactively communicate, and execute events within budget and timeline.
- Creative and innovative thinker, able to design and deliver engaging and informative events and communications materials.
- Demonstrated curiosity and willingness to learn new skills and technologies, with the ability to adapt to the changing needs and preferences of the target audience.
- Proficient in using various tools and channels to create, distribute, and measure the impact of community events and communications, such as social media, email, webinars, etc.
- Ability to leverage data and feedback to evaluate the effectiveness of community events and communications, and to identify areas for improvement and innovation.
The Communications Specialist – Community Relations & Events manages the Company’s relationships with external partners and stakeholders and organizes events that showcase the Company’s culture and values. They are responsible for identifying and engaging with potential collaborators, sponsors, and beneficiaries, creating and executing event plans, budgets, and logistics, and promoting the events by creating content to be sent through various channels and platforms. They also work closely with internal teams and leaders to ensure events align with the Company’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the end-to-end execution of employee initiatives and events (Action! Week, Company Picnic, Holiday Party, Summer Celebration, Managers Meetings, Town Halls, etc.).
- Responsible for the administration and coordination of the Action! Program and platform.
- Establishes and manages strong relationships with community partners, sports affiliations, and venue contacts.
- Coordinates efforts related to the TotalEnergies Foundation in partnership with the Communications Director, including identifying beneficiaries, providing spend recommendations, and leading efforts related to the Giving Together program, as needed.
- Develop and implement event plans, budgets, and logistics, to meet the expectations and needs of the participants and stakeholders.
- Create and distribute engaging and informative content for the events, using various channels and platforms.
- Coordinate and oversee the end-to-end execution of the events, ensuring smooth and successful delivery and resolving any issues or challenges that may arise.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with internal teams and leaders to align events with the Company’s strategic goals and objectives and to showcase the Company’s culture and values.
- Attend relevant events and activities to represent the company and build strong relationships with key community members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with external partners and stakeholders, such as community organizations, sponsors, and beneficiaries.
- Plans and executes events that showcase the Company’s brand and values, such as volunteer activities, and internal employee events for 10+ business entities.
- Oversees event planning and execution, from budgeting to logistics, for projects with up to $600K in total expenses.
- Promotes the events through various channels by creating content for internal communications, web pages, etc.
- Monitors and evaluates the outcomes and impact of the events, using data and feedback to identify areas for improvement and best practices, and presenting feedback outcomes to executive leadership.
Context & Environment
TotalEnergies is a major energy company, which produces and markets fuels, natural gas and low-carbon electricity. Over 100,000 employees are committed to better energy that is safer, more affordable, cleaner and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, TotalEnergies ambition is to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050 or sooner. The US Government is engineering a major transformation of the US economy with ambitious goals to cut GHG emissions in half by 2030 and reach net-zero emissions by 2050.
What We Provide
TotalEnergies offers a robust comprehensive benefits package available to employees on the first day of hire. These benefits include but are not limited to generous PTO, medical, dental & vision care, HSA with company contributions, health FSA, commuter benefits or paid parking, 401(k) plan with employer match, pension plan, life & accident insurances, generous parental leave, education assistance, fitness subsidy and more.
TotalEnergies regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status for this position.
To apply for this job please visit totalenergies.avature.net.