Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
At Devon, we will offer you a career full of energy and unmatched opportunities to solve today’s greatest challenges. Innovation, creative problem-solving and positive change happen when people step out of their comfort zone and think differently. Our values, workplace practices, wellness programs, benefits and compensation are aimed at helping employees manage their unique personal life and care for their families so they can focus on contributing to the fullest.
This position supports the US Drilling and Completions Division by providing planning, and documentation for new well completions, recompletions of existing wells, workovers, P&A’s, and various other well work operations. In addition to well work duties this position coordinates surface water resources and purchase agreements with the corporate water teams.
Devon Energy’s operations are focused in the following core areas: the Eagle Ford, Permian Basin, Powder River Basin, Williston Basin, and the Anadarko Basin.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in oil and gas production practices with emphasis in completions engineering.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Completion-specific planning and execution of appraisal and development programs to assist asset-to-execution handoffs
• Possess ability to perform completion execution role
• Lead projects working with Planning and Execution teams – must influence and lead discipline-specific projects
• Completion’s asset work focused on technical aspects of the completion design – frac modeling, VDWs, fiber, well performance, cost, frac design, OBO comparisons, DFITs, etc. as required
• Effectively communicate with technical and field staff regarding completion and workover plans and identify required actions as necessary
• Document daily operations and costs, create and view wellbore schematics, and create graphs and spreadsheets
• Possess fundamental data analytics skills including experience with PowerBI, Spotfire, SQL, etc.
• Reviews, processes, and approves invoices in area of responsibilities
• Maintain regulatory compliance through close coordination with the Production, EHS, and Regulatory Departments
• Communicate effectively with technical staff and mentor less experienced employees.
• Understand and applies all of Devon’s Policies and ensures others comply with these policies.
• Demonstrate safe and ethical behavior/work habits at all times
• Possess the right and obligation to stop work if unsafe conditions exist or are suspected
• Has the right and obligation to stop work if unsafe conditions exist or are suspected.
• Experience in the following areas: oil and gas production operations, workover/recompletions, surface facilities, new well completions and operating expense evaluation.
• Familiarity with completion/production operations, including field operations a plus
• Working knowledge of state and federal regulatory laws and regulations.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Creative individual, capable of working independently analyzing and solving problems.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively work within a multi-disciplinary team to achieve project related goals
• Efficient time management and the ability to concurrently handle multiple projects.
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at Diversity@dvn.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.devonenergy.com.