Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
This Data Engineer role within the Petrotechnical Data organization in ConocoPhillips will be responsible for building data pipelines from source systems into the analytics environment. The role will also monitor, optimize, and support the development, test and production environments working closely with the system administrators, architects, and other IT support teams to ensure system availability.
This role will be proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets including time series data and designing specialized database tables and information links within the environment. The person will work closely with business subject matter experts and technical capability IT teams to develop and optimize the environment in providing clean and reliable data for analytical solutions.
This role requires a strong and current technology focus, practical analytical experience, and excellent written and communications skills.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Collect, explore, validate, and condition data
- Collaborate with business subject matter experts and data scientists to create data sets and engineer features for analytical models
- Productionize and operationalize analytical models
- Adhere to ConocoPhillips’ governance and compliance policies for data and processes
- Monitor model performance
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Statistics, Information Systems, Information Science, other related field, or foreign equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineering Role
- 3+ years of practical programming skills
- 3+ years of experience with RDBMS platforms (Oracle, SQL Server) and SQL query language
- 1+ years of experience with data visualization/analytics tools and Excel
- 1+ years of experience with Cloud DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) in Azure and or AWS
- 1+ years of experience handling large amount of operational data and creating ETL/ELT pipelines
- Intermediate level of knowledge of R, and Python script programming and database queries
- 3+ years of experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
- 3+ years of working with WellView data
- 3+ years of experience with R, C++, Java, SQL
- 3+ years of experience developing data visualization tools using Spotfire and/or Power BI
- 3+ years of experience with wells operations time series data feeds in combination with historical and unstructured data
- 3+ years of experience with Oracle, Snowflake, MS SQL Experience connecting to enterprise systems
- 3+ years of experience with Informatica PowerCenter, IICS
- 3+ years of experience with MS Azure
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork and communications
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on dedications by holding others accountable and standing up for what’s right
- Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
Apply Before: February 8, 2024
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.