Reference No. 450-1202LH
Reference Number: 450-1202LH
Our client is seeking a qualified Drilling Operations Manager with a background in mining and exploration drilling to oversee country operations in Ghana.
- Strategy, development and execution of field and project operational standards.
- Driving continuous improvement while ensuring production, compliance and financial performance requirements are achieved.
- Maintaining existing client relationships and developing new relationships.
- Liaison between field team and head office.
- Overseeing development and production operations and ensuring optimal safety, efficiency and profitability.
- Project management to ensure best results through efficient planning and scheduling.
- Managing resources effectively across multiple projects, operating units and sites simultaneously.
- Mentoring, training and management of teams.
- Ensuring best practice maintenance standards and procedures are maintained.
- Business planning, cost control and budgeting.
- Ensuring sufficient manpower is available and actively involved in staff development.
- Taking a hands-on role when required on site for drilling etc.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Mining Engineering degree or other suitable qualification.
- Mine Managers Certificate of Competency preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in drilling operations management within mining and / or exploration drilling.
- Technical understanding of RC and diamond drill rigs and ability to operate the rigs.
- Strong resource management experience in manpower, equipment and consumables.
- Computer literate in MS Project and SAP.
- Well-versed in safety and legal requirements and procedures.
- Previous experience working with multicultural teams as an expatriate in Africa.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO roster.
- Long term renewable contract.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
To apply for this job please visit www.caglobalint.com.