Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem’s market position is among the top three producers in the United States for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Electrician within our Battleground Plant located in La Porte, TX.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities in which we operate and transport our products as a highest priority.
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting 120 volt AC controls, 480 volt motors, 4160 volt motors and 480V,4160V,13.8KV switch gear.
- Must be willing to learn and preform electrical switching duties on 480V,4160V,13.8KV, and138KV switchgear
- Conduct evaluation tests on motors.
- Support the Process Safety and Risk Management goals and objectives.
- Participate in site-wide Process Safety and Risk Reduction activities as requested.
- Keep shop, tools and work area picked up and clean.
- Maintain prints and files in proper place. Document work (as found as left) and update procedures, drawings, specs and files.
- Work together as team player and supervise outside service personal preforming work on our equipment.
- May need to run conduit for small repairs or new tasks, along with repair/change light fixtures indoor and outdoor.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Five (5) years process instrumentation/electrical maintenance experience in industry OR two (2) years maintenance experience in industry and Associates Degree in Electrical Technology or Certificate of Technology in Electrical.
- This position requires proof of the NCCER certification prior to employment (electrical and/or instrumentation preferred).
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting 120 volt AC controls.
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting 480V, 4160V, 13.8 KV switchgear.
- Working knowledge of motor repair, inspection and troubleshooting motor control systems.
- Working knowledge of the inspection, maintenance and troubleshooting of distribution and power transformers.
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting using loop drawing, schematics, ladder logic, and P & I drawings.
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code Troubleshoot problems and consult directly with equipment vendors for resolution.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– Other Plant Operations
– United States-Texas-LaPorte
– OXY CHEM
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.