Occidental is an international energy company with operations in the United States, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. We are the largest onshore oil producer in the U.S., including in the Permian Basin, and a leading offshore producer in the Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions.
We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon dioxide management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit Oxy.com for more information.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Air Policy Advisor within our US Onshore Policy and External Affairs group based in Denver, CO.
Essential Job Duties:
· Review and comment on federal, state and local regulatory/policy initiatives and develop and communicate Oxy strategic plan on policy issues. States covered may include Colorado, Wyoming, Texas, Louisiana, and New Mexico.
· Support Oxy’s regulatory efforts by providing strategic guidance, research, assess and synthesize rules and policies, engage internal stakeholders, subject matter experts and outside consultants to develop Oxy’s rulemaking strategy. Lead regulatory policy initiatives.
· Support Government Relations team on legislative matters as needed.
· Represent Oxy at Trade Association meetings and events, serve on Trade Association committees as assigned by management.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with regulators and key stakeholders
· Attend and represent Oxy in relevant federal, state and local regulatory hearings and stakeholder meetings.
· Maintain awareness of Federal, State and Local regulatory policy developments as they relate to Oxy’s operational areas.
· Manage rule/policy implementation communication and turnover
· Present to a variety of audiences on behalf of Oxy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Political Science, Business, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of oil and gas related experience preferably in a technical operations role or demonstrated knowledge oil and gas facilities and operational practices.
- Minimum of 5 years of air quality experience.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies and knowledge of federal, state and local policy that governs oil and gas operations.
- Experience with Colorado regulatory agencies and knowledge of the Air Quality Control Commission Colorado Regulation 7.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders and clearly communicate complex regulatory and/or policy issues.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office applications and internet applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with Public Speaking
- Flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic, multi-task, customer service environment.
- Good organization and time management skills
- Strong ethics, service attitude, team player
- Travel 20-25%
$136,800 – $188,100
*Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements may receive consideration for higher-level role given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs.
The Company anticipates that it will accept applications for this position through February 16th, 2024 (14 days), although it may extend that date depending on applicant flow.
Check out Oxy’s competitive benefit package: oxy-employee-benefits-program-2024.pdf
It has come to our attention various individuals and/or organizations are contacting people falsely pretending to recruit on behalf of Oxy. Please be aware that these recruiting scams and communications do not originate nor are they associated with our recruitment process.
Oxy does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruiting process. We will never:
- Ask you to pay for applications, interviews, meetings, processing, training or for any other fees
- Use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an advance fee of any kind or
- Request personal information such as passport and bank account details at an early stage of our recruitment process.
We recommend against responding to unsolicited business propositions or offers from people you don’t know. Do not disclose your personal or financial details. If you believe you have been the victim of a recruiting scam, please contact your local police department.
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– United States-Colorado-Denver
– CORP FUNC
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.