Howden, A Chart Industries Company
The Big Picture
Howden are a global engineering business who focus on providing clients with industrial products that help multiple sectors improve their everyday processes. Howden’s core focus is on providing quality solutions for air and gas handling, and have over a century of experience in doing so.
As an Engineering Manager – Rotary Products- Oil & Gas India, you need to lead the engineering team to provide whatever technical support necessary to support the delivery of Howden Rotary Products and package solutions to specification whilst meeting delivery and budget objectives. Also in this role you need to drive continual improvement in the level of engineering support provided throughout the value stream from sales engagement through project execution and long term aftermarket sustainability.
What Needs To Be Done
- The maintenance of an Engineering design facility for the presentation of drawings, specifications and instructions for the manufacture of standard compressors, special compressors and package items.
- Supervision and planning of contract Engineering Design activities
- Preparation of technical documentation / reports and submissions
- Technical presentations to customers/customer meetings for detailed engineering stage
- Control of Work Standard Instructions and Technical Standard manuals for all installations
- Supervision and preparation of information to support proposals department at tendering stage. Lead Early Engagement on behalf of Engineering team
- Work across the business to drive cost effective solutions and margin improvement, e.g. opportunities in supply chain for best value sourcing, efficiencies in operations for compressor Packages.
- Support the continued development of compressor packages at reduced cost and lead time, leverage cost and process efficiencies across all compressor Package projects
- Closer working with Aftermarket, develop long term initiatives and strategy to improve business opportunities and total benefit for Howden
- Implement Project Execution improvements in Standards and Best Practices developed in recent PD projects.
- Use Howden`s approach to promote Built in Engineering Quality concepts into Standard work. Collaborate with Operations, Quality, Commercial and Procurement teams to drive improved manufacturing and supply chain performance and early defect detection
- Positively promote Value Stream effectiveness, often working beyond core responsibilities to achieve customer satisfaction and business metric performance. Lead team to excel in input to Daily Management, Contract/Value Stream reviews and other workshops/Kaizen events as required.
- Ensure adherence to company environmental, health and safety standards in compliance with company policies to ensure a safe working environment and the minimization of environmental impact.
- Recording and controlling the technical risks.
- Keeping up to date technical project administration.
What Do You Need To Bring
- Leadership skills – never accept the status quo, relentless focus on improvement. Resilience in the face of resistance and challenge
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Mechanical Engineering discipline or suitable experience backed up by an appropriate engineering qualification.
- Previous experience in Oil and Gas for various compressor product’s end to end detailed engineering
- Knowledge of international standards (API 618/619/617/672/673, ASME, TEMA, etc) and specifications
- Excellent Problem solving ability
- Broad range of communication skills with the ability to liaise with clients, senior management and shop floor personnel.
- Change Management. Use collaborative working style to positively affect change across the organization
- Coaching others to achieve improved performance and personal development
- Data analysis and management skills. Present facts to drive outcomes
- Technical report writing
- Ability to make technical presentations
- Experience working in lean and continuous improvement environment and of using associated operational excellence and growth tools and processes
- Formal Talent development, coaching and mentoring and succession planning
- Understanding of All type of Compressor operations
- Ability to perform design calculations and analysis.
- Specific software tools (e.g. compressor selection tool, process simulation tool)
- Generic software tools (e.g. ERP, CAD Inventor, CAD Plan 3D, Vault Pro)
- Work in a project environment
- Working knowledge of international standards such as ASME, ANSI, PED and API or similar
- Broad knowledge of the processes, compressors and peripherals
- Specific knowledge of Systems, Mechanics, Measurement, control, energy and electrical engineering.
- Good communication skills at all levels, written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Integrity and high moral and ethical standards.
What Will You Get in Return
You will have the opportunity to work for a global engineering organization in a challenging and dynamic role with great development opportunities. We offer a competitive salary along with a great benefits package.
The advantages of working at Howden:
Worldwide business – Liaise with our colleagues in 27 countries.
We offer global and local opportunities – 6000 employees and world leading engineers, who create cutting edge developments – You will be a part of over 160 years of innovation and development that continues today with our digital solutions. At Howden we have a strong corporate identity and purpose – You will be a member of our team, shaping the future of the world and tackling some of the most pressing issues facing the planet.
Our products and organization are Revolving Around You – Our culture promotes individual development to enhance our most important asset – our people.
To apply for this job please visit en-in.whatjobs.com.