Occidental is an international energy company with assets primarily in the United States, Middle East and North Africa. We are one of the largest oil producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and DJ basins, and offshore Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit oxy.com for more information.
Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Environmental Advisor in our US Onshore Resources & Carbon Management Environmental Remediation Team based in Midland, Texas.
The Environmental Advisor will be responsible for supporting and implementing environmental programs and obligations for a local operating area and/or Business Unit.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops programs and systems to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local reporting requirements that are applicable to oil & gas operations.
- Interprets environmental regulations and formulates compliance strategies consistent with Oxy policy.
- Provides assistance, training, and communication to business unit personnel and management to aid in achieving compliance goals.
- Ensures all environmental permits, licenses, variances, etc., necessary for construction and operation of facilities are obtained and properly maintained.
- Assists personnel in understanding and complying with applicable environmental laws, rules and regulations.
- Coordinates compliance inspections and responses to governmental inquiries.
- Provides necessary data and reports to regulatory agencies in a complete and timely manner.
- Maintains environmental records per regulatory, corporate, and legal requirements.
- Participates in advocacy for legislative and regulatory change.
Required Knowledge Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge and experience with managing soil and groundwater remediation projects such as, but not limited to, in-situ and ex-situ remediation of crude oil, produced water, and/or chemical releases.
- Strong ability to read, comprehend, interpret, and consistently apply applicable rules and regulations as outlined by governing bodies such as the RRC, TCEQ, NMED, NMOCD, EPA and NRC.
- Experience with due diligence process for purchases and divestitures, and ability to assess and convey site specific environmental risk to others.
- Well–developed verbal and written communication skills, problem analysis skills, and technical translation skills;
- Strong math, science and computer skills;
- Manage multiple projects concurrently and adjust quickly to changes in priorities.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization, regulatory bodies, contractors, and landowners.
Bachelor’s Degree in environmental engineering, environmental science, geology, biology, chemistry, soil science, or a technical and scientific related discipline.
Valid driver’s license with no restriction that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
Amount of travel could be 10-50% of time.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– United States-Texas-Midland
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.