Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek an Environmental Compliance Manager to join their team in Brooklyn, NY for a 12-month assignment with benefits.
The Environmental Compliance Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the South Brooklyn Marine Terminal (SBMT) port upgrades and On-Shore Substation (ONS) projects maintain Federal and State environmental regulatory, permit compliance during the construction phase of the projects. The Compliance Manager will have previous experience in a complex infrastructure environment, creating and maintaining regulatory and compliance frameworks and implementation of Environmental Management Systems. The Environmental Compliance Manager will:
- Serve as the primary on-site interface between contractors, construction team, and regulatory compliance inspectors.
- Develop and maintain, monitor, and audit input and output of the project regulatory and permit compliance management tools
- Provide training in environmental permit & regulatory compliance practices and procedures to the project team
- Develop and implement permit and regulatory compliance strategies for project sites • Work with the project team to embed environmental permit and regulatory compliance KPIs and metrics into the project
- Maintain environmental permit compliance related records and ensure transparent monitoring and internal reporting of compliance progress for project
- Manage external permit and regulatory compliance reporting obligations to regulatory authorities • Interface with Engineering, Procurement and Construction (“EPC”) packages on environmental compliance issues, including contractor qualification
- Coordinate the gathering of environmental incident details, documenting remedial actions, Lessons Learned and opportunities for continuous improvement in the context of environmental and regulatory compliance
- Participate in internal and 3rd party compliance site audits – including defining scope of audits to effectively assess environmental permit and regulatory compliance requirements • Support corporate and project environmental and sustainability initiatives
- Perform other tasks and takes on additional duties as reasonably assigned by supervisor, project manager and/or group unit
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- Undergraduate or graduate in environmental studies/science, engineering, or related field from an accredited program or relevant professional experience
- 5-7 years of experience in environmental compliance, preferably in large-scale projects (knowledge of offshore wind desirable)
- Experience with NYSDP Article VII Certificate Compliance Preferred
- Experience with various state and local environmental regulations, particularly those applicable to New York
- Familiarity with broadly applicable environmental permits (e.g., MARPOL, Clean Water and Air Acts including NPDES, RCRA, marine debris reporting requirements, etc.) to complete environmental-related agency notifications and report submittals
- Knowledge of regulations from OSHA, US Coast Guard, EPA, American Petroleum Institute (“API”), ANSI, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (“BOEM”) and Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (“BSEE”)
- Relevant experience in HSE management system development and auditing desired
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Proactive and diligent approach
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Able to adapt and work in a fast-paced working environment and responsive to change
To apply for this job please visit www.airswift.com.