Field Service Engineer – Centrifugal Compressor
Are you a Mechanical Field Service Engineer looking for an interesting and inspiring opportunity?
Would you like to be part of our Turbomachinery Process Solutions Product Line?
Join our Turbomachinery Team!
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production, and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity.
Partner with the best
As a Field Service Engineer – Centrifugal Compressors, you will be coordinating and overseeing work at the field site, providing quality service to the customer. In addition, your Job role may include providing the planning necessary for the job including instructions to the crew and equipment.
As a Field Service Engineer – Centrifugal Compressor, you will be responsible for
- Providing technical advice and support to clients and craft labour in the installation, commissioning and maintenance of Baker Hughes-supplied Centrifugal Compressors.
- Unloading and Inspection of the Centrifugal Compressor & its major auxiliaries at the installation site and their placement on the foundation.
- Improving Geometric dimensional check of foundation, equipment and auxiliary skids positioning, levelling, and alignment
- Performing Installation, commissioning & Startup of various types of Centrifugal Compressors MCL, BCL, PCL, and SRL supplied by Baker Hughes at customer sites.
- Performing minor & major inspections of Centrifugal Compressors. Involving assembly, disassembly, checking and adjusting clearances evaluating wear and damage state of Couplings, lubricated-tooth, and dry-elastic types, thrust bearings and journal bearings of various kinds, gas seals, labyrinth and honeycomb types, Oil seals, gauged floating rings types, Dry gas seals or oil mechanical seals, Labyrinth or honeycomb inner seals, Diaphragms or diaphragms bundle and volutes.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a bachelor’s in engineering/full-time 3 years technical diploma with 5-10 years of relevant industry experience.
- Have working experience in Rotating equipment in the Field at Customer Sites.
- Have excellent Functional/Technical, Customer Focus, Communication, Interpersonal, and Team working skills.
- Have prior experience in Installation and/or Maintenance activities of Centrifugal Compressors in the Field at Customer Sites
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- When assignments are complete, in general, you won’t be required to visit the office, however, you can operate from Home and perform basic tasks like completing previous assignment reports, mobilization-related aspects, etc before you take on your next projects. The company shall ensure a work-life balance for the individual.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and well-being activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- The safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bakerhughes.com.