Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Corporate Accounting Financial Analyst based in Houston, Texas.
This position will be responsible for:
- Preparing and reviewing monthly journal entries.
- Preparing and reviewing monthly close schedules
- Preparing and reviewing quarterly and annual audit pack schedules.
- Ensuring monthly close deadlines are met.
- Preparing account reconciliations.
- Analyzing financial statement activity for the corporate segment.
- Effectively monitoring GL close processes in SAP.
- Working closely with other departments in recording and analyzing financial data.
- Assisting with internal and external audit requests, as well as other special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related degree.
- 1-2 years accounting experience.
- Be able to complete accurate and timely work while meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and with others.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Public accounting or corporate accounting experience preferred.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Relocation: Will not be offered at this time.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
– Financial Services/Reporting
– United States-Texas-Houston
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.