At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
Our Global Business Center (GBC) in Budapest was established in 2004. Our diverse and multinational workforce of ~2,000 fellow colleagues has been powering ExxonMobil’s global businesses ever since. We are proud to work in an inclusive, safe, and vibrant work environment and we are aiming to provide an exciting, long term career to all our employees. We develop together, we grow together. Proudly awarded as Responsible employer of the year and received HRKomm award for Diverse workplace and award for Ergonomic program.
What role you will play in our team
We are looking for energetic, motivated and commercially minded individuals with logistics, supply chain and/or Marine background aspiring to build a dynamic and rewarding career with a large multinational company.
At ExxonMobil, we know that people need energy and also the fact that energy doesn’t always exist where needed. We work to ensure the supply of safe, reliable and affordable energy needed for economic progress. Globally, our Marine Transportation organization manages ~20k marine voyages, ~40k port calls to help transport ~3.5 million barrel a day of oil. In doing so, we take a balanced approach that considers the impact of our operations on local economies, communities and the environment.
Freight (Marine) Operation Coordinators play a key role in ensuring safe, efficient, and cost-effective dispatch and voyage operations of ExxonMobil affiliate-chartered vessels that transport company’s cargoes domestically and/or worldwide.
The role provides extensive opportunities to learn both ExxonMobil organization and also the Marine Industry. Freight (Marine) Operation Coordinators work closely with Commercial Supply & Trading, Sales, Refineries, Logistics, Claims, Vetting, Product Quality and Accounting within the Company. Their external contacts include vessel Owners, Charterers, Brokers, Agents, Ship Captain, Inspectors and Agents.
What you will do
- End-to-end management of ExxonMobil chartered vessel including scheduling, dispatch and coordination activities to manage impact of any unexpected circumstances with due consideration to general interest of company
- Work with third party Vessel Owners, ExxonMobil sites, Refining Optimizers, Traders and Commercial Schedulers to effectively and economically meet Value Chain requirements related with vessels and cargo movements
- Request responsible vetting organization for screening of marine vessels and equipment prior to their use for ExxonMobil purposes and comply with any subjects/requirements
- Input “jobs” / voyages and track equipment in Company’s Marine and trading databases (SAP/GOM/VESON/VIP)
- Prepare and issue appropriate voyage orders and letters of indemnity (as necessary)
- Leverage optimization opportunities as well as capture other efficiencies including bunker planning and supply to minimize total voyage cost
- Provide daily updates about schedules and operational matters to the respective affiliates
- Act as first point of contact for billing dispute and/or resolution with billing analysts
- Work closely with Marine Claims teams to minimize losses and maximize value to ExxonMobil
- Ensure compliance with ExxonMobil policies, industry standards, and government regulations
About you: skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Business Economics, Logistics / STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), Marine, Business Administration, or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience (Oil & Gas commercial, Petroleum Product Scheduling, Marine Voyage Operations) is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface across functions in a geographically diverse, multi-cultural and partly virtual organization
- Analytical, ability to identify and execute optimization opportunities to maximize revenue gen or minimize cost output on a marine asset
- Commercial minded, Creative, innovative, driven, high energy, self-starter and barrier breaker
- Able and willing to work outside office hours to resolve operational changes
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office, especially Excel. SAP experience is a benefit
- Full professional proficiency in English. Other language skills such as Norwegian is an advantage.
- Excellent time management, well organized and structured.
- Team Player
This section describes skills that will be useful, but it is not obligatory to have them to succeed:
- Maritime Industry knowledge, Marine Operation Experience and/or Sailing experience
- Basic accounting and commercial contracts knowledge
- Understanding of shipping logistics and shipping markets for crude oil, oil products, chemicals, lubes and petroleum specialties
- Understanding of and experience in tanker charter parties, ship load patterns, trade lanes and claims (demurrage and cargo loss, quality)
- Understanding of how ship optimization works in the industry
- Experience with information technology systems like SAP and/or Veson
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life. ExxonMobil Hungary offers a variety of benefits to support and protect your health and financial wellbeing.
From Day 1:
- Premium+: Annual bonus to recognize active service with ExxonMobil on top of your competitive pay
- Private Health insurance and Employee assistance Program
- Life insurance
- Opportunities to enhance communication and language skills, job specific and broader trainings, mentoring, self-development opportunities, tuition assistance program supporting studies with business relevance
- Wellness programs with a wide range of activities including ergo breaks, ergonomics support, office yoga, massage and much more!
With Continued employment:
- Voluntary Pension Fund (after 3 months of employment)
- Cafeteria (after 3 months of employment)
- Service Awards (at key service anniversary milestones)
Please note benefits may be changed from time to time without notice, subject to applicable law.
Stay connected with us
Learn more at our website
Follow us on LinkedIN and Instagram
Like us on Facebook
Subscribe our channel at YouTube
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.