At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil Global Trading is where we trade oil, natural gas, and energy products safely and responsibly around the world. We leverage our expertise in analytics, logistics, origination, and knowledge of energy markets to maximize the value of our global assets and deliver industry-leading results. This is an exciting time to join our growing trading team and be an integral part of ExxonMobil.
What role you will play in our team
If successful you will be an integral part of the Asia Pacific regional Freight Trading Team, developing freight strategies that maximise the value generated from within our own portfolio, as well as increasing the value of our assets and portfolio positions. You will act as a key interface in the freight market offering trading solutions in addition to interacting regularly with our operations and analytics teams in the evaluation of opportunities.
What you will do
Your key deliverables include:
- Developing commercial strategies for in and out-chartering vessels as required
- Seeking out and developing value accretive opportunities within the physical freight trading space
- Optimizing the utilization of our portfolio of time-charter vessels
- Leveraging your knowledge, experience and contacts to support the development of our freight trading organization
- Advising our Business teams on how to utilize freight trading strategies to gain competitive advantage and create value
- Providing insights to our analytics team to continuously improve forecasts and decision making
- Ensuring all freight trading activities are in compliance with internal risk governance policies/procedures, and is accurately captured in reporting infrastructure.
Skills and Qualifications
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- A good degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain, Maritime studies or relevant work experience
- Have previous chartering experience, focused predominantly on:
- Evaluating, optimizing and trading physical freight in East of Suez markets
- Experience in pressurized LPG, refrigerated LPG, chemicals, bitumen, petroleum specialties or general purpose tankers preferred
- Have a demonstrable track record in the freight market including new opportunity development
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to establish broker/asset contacts to generate new business opportunities
- Have a track record of positive P&L generation
- Have strong commercial acumen, an entrepreneurial mind-set, analytical/IT skills, and take accountability for your results and contributions to the team
- Possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a multi-cultural team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last and we provide job rotations throughout your career with us. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
Currently our employees benefits include: Long Term Savings Allowance, dental reimbursement, annual health checkups and Home Ownership Assistance Plan amongst others and these are updated from time to time.
Stay connected with us:
- Learn more at our website
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Subscribe our channel at YouTube
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity in conformance with all applicable laws and regulations to individuals who are qualified to perform job requirements. The Company administers its personnel policies, programs, and practices in a non-discriminatory manner in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, work assignment, promotion, transfer, termination, wage and salary administration, and selection for training.
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and you can find out more about our hiring process here.
We thank you for your interest in ExxonMobil.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.exxonmobil.com.