At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
What role you will play in our team
The work assignment consists of specialization with any one of the following areas of expertise:
1. Micropaleontology Specialist
Microfossil (primarily foraminifer) analysis of various samples for age and paleo environment determination from a broad range of time span and sediment types
2. Nannofossil Specialist
Calcareous nannofossil analysis of various samples for age determination from a broad range of time span and sediment types
What you will do
The candidate should be able to:
- Conduct taxonomic and bio-stratigraphic study of both planktonic and benthic foraminifera and/or calcareous nannofossils for age and paleo environment interpretation
- Generate raw data, and closely work with other biostratigraphers specializing in foraminifera, nannofossils, palynomorphs, and other fossil groups
- Collaborate with geoscientists in the company for geologic data integration and stratigraphic correlation
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum Five years of relevant industrial research experience with expertise in foraminifer or nannofossil taxonomy and biostratigraphy
- Master’s or Ph.D degree with minimum 7.0 GPA or equivalent from a recognized university in Geology, Geophysics, Engineering or Physics.
- Extensive microscope experience and a strong background in the earth sciences, physical sciences and mathematics (including statistics)
- Demonstrated strong background in planktonic foraminifer taxonomy, deep understanding of benthic foraminifer ecology and or calcareous nannofossil taxonomy
- Effectively conduct microscopy analysis of various sample types (well cutting, core and outcrop, residue, and thin section) as daily routine and highly productive
- Evaluation of bio stratigraphic data from various sources and a wide range of geographic regions and stratigraphic intervals
- Integrate micropaleontologic and other bio stratigraphic data with wireline logs, core descriptions, and seismic data
- Stratigraphic correlation and sequence stratigraphy analysis
- Develop region specific (Chrono) stratigraphy framework
- Be motivated and creative, can work independently while also be a strong team player
- Demonstrated leadership, adaptability, creativity, teamwork, excellent communication skills in English, and a commitment to high safety and ethical standards. In addition, candidates should be able to work effectively within and across diverse team environments
Preferred Qualifications / Experience
- Knowledge and experience in other fossil groups
- Strong background in sequence stratigraphic concepts, sedimentology, and application of chemo stratigraphy
- Seismic interpretation and well-log correlation
- Demonstrated skills in technical writing, teaching, and mentoring
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance and life. We offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical plans, maternity leave and benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment benefits
- Retirement benefits
- Global networking & cross-functional opportunities
- Annual vacations & holidays
- Day care assistance program
- Training and development program
- Tuition assistance program
- Workplace flexibility policy
- Relocation program
- Transportation facility
Please note benefits may change from time to time without notice, subject to applicable laws. The benefits programs are based on the Company’s eligibility guidelines.
Stay connected with us
- Learn more about ExxonMobil in India, visit ExxonMobil India and Energy Factor India.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and ExxonMobil (@exxonmobil) • Instagram photos and videos
- Like us on Facebook
- Subscribe our channel at YouTube
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability status.
Business solicitation and recruiting scams
ExxonMobil does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an advance fee of any kind (e.g., placement fees, immigration processing fees, etc.). Follow the LINK to understand more about recruitment scams in the name of ExxonMobil.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.