Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
The Bakken trend is a sequence of liquids-rich sand and shale layers in the Williston Basin, which stretches across western North Dakota and into Canada. The company’s position in the Bakken development area is comprised of approximately 560,000 net acres, which include 382,000 net mineral acres and 178,000 net leasehold acres. The company focuses on unconventional tight-oil play development and production in the most prolific portion of the basin.
During 2022, net production averaged 95 MBOED. There were 43 operated wells brought online during 2022, bringing the total to more than 800 operated wells online at year-end.
Quality of Life Incentives
ConocoPhillips’ offers additional benefits to support employees living and maintaining a primary residence in the Watford City, ND area. For more details visit: Living in the Bakken and view the Living and Working in Watford City video.
If you are selected as the Health, Safety & Environment Specialist, you will serve as a consultant in coordinating the safety and health programs for ConocoPhillips and Contract employees for the L48 Gulf Coast & Rockies Organization. You will work with contract employees ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and company requirements pertaining to OSHA, DOT, NRC, and EPA. This position provides technical safety support for contractors.
This is a Safety Sensitive position.
Responsibilities may include:
- Providing Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) guidance for operations and development activities
- Assisting with communicating, coordinating, and maintaining contractor safety
- Reviewing hot work, confined space and other work permits
- Providing HSE guidance on Construction Projects
- Advising teams on HSE issues in pre-job planning and hazard control
- Providing guidance on incident and near-miss investigation, recommends corrective action and Intelex entry
- Participating on incident investigation teams and root cause failure analysis
- Assisting with maintaining OSHA reporting for REFS based staff
- Conducting HSE Meetings
- Providing health and safety regulatory support
- Supporting and guiding safety awareness programs
- Delivering general and specialized training for regulatory and topic specific training
- Supporting industrial hygiene and health activities via monitoring/testing, safety inspections and auditing, reporting and documentation as needed
- Identifying, assessing, and recommending actions related to health, safety, and emergency response issues
- Knowing and observing safe work practices
- Preparing and delivering HSE presentations to various stakeholders
- Conducting IH and other HSE related personnel monitoring as needed
- Coordinating HSE related agency required inspections and certifications
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Current/valid driver’s license
- 5+ years of experience as a safety professional in drilling or completions operations
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft O365 applications: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams and Word
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to travel 25% of the time on a yearly basis
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform/align with following: Work in temperature extremes or adverse weather conditions; Work in several different geographic locations every single day; Work in a company-owned vehicle; Wear appropriate special safety equipment; Climb heights up to 24 feet; Walk, bend, stoop, lift, push, and pull; and Work weekends and be on call
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Safety, Environmental Sciences, other related field, or foreign equivalent
- Certified Safety Professional, OSHA CSHO in Construction Industry or General Industry
- 3+ years of experience with (HSE) Management System knowledge to review, revise, and implement Management System program, procedures, and policies
- 1+ years of experience with the coordination of Risk Assessments
- 1+ years of experience in defining and measuring business contribution and progress through metrics
- 1+ years of experience working with health and safety regulations
- 1+ years of experience investigating, documenting, and providing solutions based on root cause analysis methodology
- Strong background in General Construction Safety (OSHA Construction Safety)
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills including the ability to work independently, prioritize activities, meet commitments, and proactively manage time and generally mange a heavy workload
- Effective skills in facilitating networks and teams
- Able to solve a broad range of complex problems
- Ability to recognize hazards, assess risk and suggest an appropriate mitigation plan
- Leadership, accepts ownership, delivers on commitments, able to get results, works as a team player and self-motivated
- Interpersonal skills to work with many diverse internal and external partners
- Proven ability and willingness to contribute to an environment of candidness and trust, consistent with ConocoPhillips’s SPIRIT values
- Transmits information so it is received and understood in the way it was intended
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
- Delivers positive results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
Apply Before: February 3, 2024
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.