At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
Pre-employment Testing Requirement
This Operations and Mechanical (O&M) position requires pre-employment testing. Please read the job description in its entirety for additional information on accessing the assessment. The assessment should be completed by Sunday, November 26, 2023.
About Gulf Coast Growth Ventures
Gulf Coast Growth Ventures brings innovation to the Coastal Bend, while enhancing U.S. manufacturing infrastructure and producing materials that make high performance, everyday products possible.
Our world-class facility was built with tomorrow in mind – modern, safe and responsible. Safety is our number one priority, and we’re committed to being a good neighbor to our thriving Coastal Bend community.
What role you will play in our team
ExxonMobil is currently seeking a machinery technician to support and maintain the facilities at Gulf Coast Growth Venture site located in the Gregory, TX area.
What you will do
- Develop machinery equipment repair job scopes, procedures, safety and execution plans
- Ensure compliance of applicable Safety Standards and procedures
- Assume Permit Receiver responsibilities
- Perform Job Loss Analysis for each job
- Troubleshoot, repair and/or overhaul all types of Machinery equipment
- Validate equipment repair procedures or work specifications
- Engage in good housekeeping in work areas
- Repair (shop repaired) spare parts and returns to stores
- Enter equipment repair histroy and close out Work Orders
- Update repair procedures
- Update equipment Technical Data
- Identify and initiate modifications to improve equipment reliability and safety
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated prior relevant work experience or education is preferred
- Knowledge of precision measurement tools and precision alignment tools
- Knowledge of Mechanical Sealing methods and their mode of failure
- Knowledge of rotating equipment – inspections preventative maintenance and repair (pumps, blowers, compressors, etc.)
- Knowledge of operating shop equipment (drill press, band saw, lathe, etc.)
- Knowledge of operating mobile equipment (man lift, forklift, etc).
- Knowledge of (root cause) rotating equipment troubleshooting and failure analysis
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Solid verbal communication skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to read and interpret repair manuals, repair procedures, equipment drawings and schematics, preventative maintenance procedures, repairs and overhaul procedures
- Ability to document troubleshooting guides, failure analysis reports and equipment repair history
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
We offer you:
- Pension Plan: Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you. The basic benefit is a monthly annuity to be paid to you in retirement for the rest of your life.
- Savings Plan: You can contribute between 6% and 20% of your pay and are encouraged to enroll right away. If you contribute at least 6% to your savings plan, the Company will contribute a 7% match.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Culture of Health: Programs and resources to support your wellbeing.
- Employee Health Advisory Program: Provides confidential professional counseling for you and your family, including tools and resources promoting mental health and resiliency at no additional cost to you.
- Disability Plan: Income replacement for when you cannot work due to illness or injury occurring on or off the job. Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you.
More information on our Company’s benefits can be found at www.exxonmobilfamily.com.
Please note benefits may be changed from time to time without notice, subject to applicable law.
Stay connected with us
Learn more at our website
Follow us on LinkedIN and Instagram
Like us on Facebook
Subscribe our channel at YouTube
Pre-Employment Testing Guidance
This Operations and Mechanical (O&M) position requires pre-employment testing. After applying you will receive a pop up giving you access to the assessment. You may take the assessment at that time or utilize the instructions below to access the assessment at a time convenient for you. Note that the assessment must be completed by the deadline in order for you to be considered for the O&M position for which you have applied.
The O&M test has been revised. Effective December 1, 2021 ALL candidates must complete the revised assessment. Even if you have tested within the last 365 days (passed or failed), if you tested before December 1, 2021, you must complete the revised assessment to be considered for this O&M opportunity. Failure to complete the assessment by the deadline will result in your disqualification from consideration for this position. The assessment is the same for all O&M requisitions. If you have completed the assessment after December 1, 2021, your assessment results will be mapped to this requisition when you try to access the test. Test passed candidates will be screened by the hiring team and a subset invited for interview. Note that a satisfactory result on the assessment does not guarantee an interview.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE ASSESSMENT BY: November 26, 2023. @ 11:59 P.M. CST
Instructions to Access the Assessment After Applying (If you missed the pop up)
• Login to https://jobs.exxonmobil.com
• Click on View Profile (top right hand corner) and login.
• To login you will need your email address and the password established when you created your profile.
• Scroll down to the Jobs Applied section and click.
• Complete the assessment for the job where indicated.
Employee Equal Opportunity
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.