Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 14 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
Midland Basin Overview
Spanning West Texas through Southeast New Mexico, ConocoPhillips holds approximately 376,000 total net acres in the Midland Basin, which includes approximately 251,000 unconventional net acres located in the heart of West Texas. The company operates over 3,100 wells across Midland, Upton, Andrews, Martin, and Glasscock counties.
In 2022, the company operated five drilling rigs and brought 111 operated wells online. Net production in 2022 averaged 140 MBOED.
Click here to learn more about Living and Working in Midland.
If you are selected as the Multi-Skill Operator (MSO) for the Midland Basin North, you will be responsible for monitoring and improving production. You will perform most of your responsibilities at the well site via a company provided vehicle.
You will be a Safety Leader and drive ConocoPhillips’ commitment to Health,
Safety and Environment (HSE).
While oil and gas experience is preferred, those with strong mechanical reasoning and comprehension, and interest in outdoor lone-work can be trained. We welcome applicants of a diverse group of backgrounds and experience.
This position will be based out of Gardendale, TX or Midland, TX.
This is a Safety Sensitive position.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Accessing remote locations to check wells, maintain normal operating levels, pressures and flow on separation equipment, adjusting automatic and manual controls
- Inspecting gas and oil wells, tanks, meters, separators, compressors, and attached piping components for leaks or unusual conditions and taking corrective actions
- Gauging tanks for sale or transfer of crude oil and water
- Operating and troubleshooting rental compressors, flowing gas wells, gas lift wells, testing wells and operation of sand traps and flow back equipment
- Maintaining chemical injection rates, start up, and shut in wells
- Entering production data into computer databases and reviewing outputs for correctness
- Executing new facility walk-throughs, management of changes (MOCs), and pre-startup safety reviews (PSSRs)
- Regulatory work including agency testing requirements, change of status, tank & meter numbering for new facilities
- Updating piping & instrument diagrams (P&IDs) and site security diagrams for all new wells and facilities
- Responding to alarms after hours or when on call
- Implementing all safety, environmental, and company policies and procedures outlined in the ConocoPhillips Management System
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Current and valid driver’s license
- 1+ year direct experience with the maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment
- 1+ year direct experience with general tasks requiring physical operation of equipment and machinery
- 1+ year direct experience with performing inspection of equipment and machinery
Willing and able to perform/align with following (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Willing and able to work in temperature extremes or adverse weather conditions
- Willing and able to work in several different geographic locations throughout a single workday
- Willing and able to work both in and out of a company-owned
- Willing and able to wear appropriate special safety equipment
- Willing and able to climb heights up to 24 feet to gauge tanks
- Willing and able to walk, bend, stoop, lift, push, and pull
- Willing and able to use hand tools to make minor repairs
- Willing and able to work weekends and be on call
- 1+ year direct experience in an environment prioritizing Health, Safety and Environment
- 1+ years direct experience with oil and gas production practices, equipment, and terminology
- Ability to use computers and input data in a timely manner
- Ability to react to visual and hearing signals, alarms, and instructions
- Able to meet the clean driving insurability standard requirements to drive a company vehicle, which means a driving record that is clear of any of serious traffic violations
- Associate’s degree/Trade certification or higher in Production Technology, Process Technology, or other related technical field or foreign equivalent
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments
- Works well with other collaborators to meet safety, environment, and production targets
- Delivers positive results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
Job Posting End Date: December 31, 2023
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.