Marathon Oil is seeking a Process Safety and Management System Coordinator to join our team to play a key role in enhancing our internal Responsible Operations Management System (ROMS) to identify and mitigate Health, Environment, Safety, and Process Safety risks throughout all aspects of our operational portfolio. We are looking for a team-oriented, focused, energetic, and self-starting professional to bring their technical capabilities, experience, and sound judgment to a highly talented and motivated team.
The Process Safety Coordinator will play a crucial role in implementing and maintaining our Responsible Operations Management System (ROMS is an Integrated Management System). This position is responsible for ensuring adherence with ROMS Standards and Procedures and promoting a culture of safety across all levels of the organization.
- Coordinate and facilitate the Business Unit level development responsibilities of ROMS; ensure alignment with Process Safety Fundamentals.
- Coordinate Business Unit gap assessments and Tiered audits. Document and track to closure any actions arising from these reviews.
- Be knowledgeable in the ROMS framework, including BU Level Standards, Procedures, and Plans.
- Prepare agenda and presentation material for the Business ROMS Steering Committee Meetings.
- Maintain awareness of proposed changes to Company, Organizational, and Regulatory Standards.
- Support Business Units in the execution of ROMS
- Direct Business Unit document control display on the ROMS Interface Tool (Sharepoint based solution leveraging Open Text)
- Monitor process safety performance and report on key metrics to management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Safety, Environmental Science, or related field.
- Recommended a minimum of 5 years of experience in process safety management within Upstream Oil and Gas operations.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:LI; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Health, Environment, Safety and Security || Not Applicable || || 31966 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Environmental Science, Document Control, Sharepoint, ERP, Developer, Science, Administrative, Technology
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.