Oxy is an international energy company with assets primarily in the United States, the Middle East and North Africa. We are one of the largest oil and gas producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and DJ basins, and offshore Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit oxy.com for more information.
Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Production Engineer within our US Onshore Resources & Carbon Management, Delaware Basin Business Unit based in Houston, Texas.
This business unit’s objective is to grow production by developing new fields with an emphasis on unconventional reservoirs. This position will work in a team environment with reservoir engineers, geologists, facility engineers, drilling engineers, and the field operations team to maximize asset value. Primary responsibility is to optimize oil and gas production at the well and field level. The successful candidate will demonstrate creativity, motivation, and teamwork necessary to challenge and improve current artificial lift methods, completion techniques, development strategies, and field operation practices.
Essential Job Duties:
· Lead the well surveillance process to identify and carry out production improvement opportunities on wells, facilities, and operations.
· Identify workover/recompletion, stimulation, artificial lift, and compression candidates.
· Generate AFEs, cost estimates, and procedures for workovers/recompletions.
· Design artificial lift systems for horizontal and vertical wells with various producing depths and fluid types.
· Provide production engineering support for new well design and operation.
· Work closely with the field to optimize artificial lift methods and facility performance.
· Work with a multi-discipline team on greenfield development to design new well completions, electrical infrastructure, produced water disposal and source water for drilling and fracture stimulation, artificial lift methods, facilities for processing and sale of oil and gas.
· Recommend modifications and/or investments to upgrade systems to reduce operating costs.
· Lead periodic wells reviews with reservoir engineers, geologists, and field personnel.
· Conduct post audit reviews of workover costs and well performance to deliver economic programs.
Mentor less experienced engineers and interns
· BS degree in Engineering; PE, ME, or ChemE
- 3 years of engineering experience or equivalent
· E&P industry experience
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge with Gas Lift Systems is preferred:
- Selecting the appropriate systems and equipment for different well conditions
- Designing continuous-flow: annular and tubular
- Performing surveillance, troubleshooting and optimization to increase production
- Improving the economics of gas lift operations
· Ability to interact and communicate (written and verbal) effectively with team members, other departments, and working interest partners to define, sell, and execute value adding work
· Exhibit the qualities of a good team player such as conveying a positive attitude within/outside the organization, contributing ideas, and collaborating with team members to find new ways of working efficiently to extract the maximum value from assigned assets
· Self Starter, ability to work with a minimum of supervision and deal with ambiguity
· Well developed computer skills
- Working knowledge of industry software packages such as PROSPER, WinGLUE, Snap, OFM, LOWIS, Spotfire, NEXUS
· Working knowledge of automation and dataflow
· Strong facilitation and project management skills
Additional Desired Qualifications:
· Experience in Delaware Basin operations
· Experience in unconventional reservoir operations
· Experience as a well performance specialist is preferred
· Good working knowledge of drilling, completion, production and facilities operations.
· Working knowledge of lean thinking and other process improvement techniques a plus
· Working knowledge of GIS software and practices
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
It has come to our attention various individuals and/or organizations are contacting people falsely pretending to recruit on behalf of Oxy. Please be aware that these recruiting scams and communications do not originate from, nor are they associated with our recruitment process.
Oxy does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruiting process. We will never:
- Ask you to pay for applications, interviews, meetings, processing, training or for any other fees
- Use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an advance fee of any kind or
- Request personal information such as passport and bank account details at an early stage of our recruitment process.
We recommend against responding to unsolicited business propositions or offers from people you don’t know. Do not disclose your personal or financial details. If you believe you have been the victim of a recruiting scam, please contact your local police department.
– Production Operations
– United States-Texas-Houston
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.