- Vacancy information
We are Seaway7, a diverse group of team players, change makers and leaders in the delivery of fixed offshore wind projects. What we do makes a difference to our planet and the future, by bringing sustainable, renewable energy to the world.
Seaway7 has an immediate requirement for a Senior Contracts Specialist to join the team in Aberdeen, on a full time, staff basis, to provide support on a major project.
As Senior Contracts Specialist, you’ll be responsible for providing contractual and associated project management support to the project execution phase, with key interfaces with legal, and project management.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Ensure implementation of the Project Contracts Strategy at Main Contract & Subcontract level where required
- Ensure company compliance with contractual procedures and deadlines as identified in the Main Contract & Subcontracts
- Monitor all project correspondence on the Subcontracts for commercial and contractual relevant matters. Ensure adequate administrative follow up of identified matters
- Prepare draft project correspondences towards the Client and ensure adequate follow up
- Identify and flag potential risks and opportunity from perspective of contracts and legal discipline
- Monitor contracts compliance with contractual procedures as identified in T&C’s of the contracts
- Flag and draft responses to non-compliances
- Review subcontractor requests and provide recommendations to team
- Ensure project contractual correspondence is adequately organised
- Review and preparation of Variations/Claims, pro-actively involving all internal disciplines
- Review Main Contract & Subcontractor Variation Requests
- Align Subcontract and Main Contract Variations
- Maintain register for contract related Variations and Claims
- Ensure Insurance requirements within the Main Contract and Subcontracts and in place
- Be the primary point of contact for assigned contract package related contractual and legal matters
- Provide the following deliverables;
- Operate within the contracts Correspondence register
- Operate within the T&C’s risk & opportunity register
- Operate within the T&C’s compliance register
- Variation and claims register
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
It’s the commitment and enthusiasm of our people that gives us our energy to create change and make an impact for the future. And we want you to bring your personality, skills and experience, powering us to be leaders in fixed offshore wind.
- Business Law education with a strong technical affinity or an engineering background with well-developed legal and contractual awareness
- Proven experience in similar position in the same industry (offshore & engineering)
- Knowledge of UK Law
- Good knowledge of oral and written English
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Accurate and structured
- Ability to show initiative with minimal supervision
- Team player
At times, there may be specific qualifications we’re looking for, but we also recognise the power of transferrable skills, so if you feel you have some of the relevant skills and experience, we’re looking for, we want to hear from you.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
We offer the opportunity to create a future to be proud of, for generations to come. Whatever the role, wherever the location, everyone plays a part.
And when we say everyone, we mean everyone. Because we believe that it’s our team spirit that makes us special. Whether we’re getting stuck in, overcoming a challenge, or celebrating a success, we always do it together.
Alongside this, we’re continually creating the environment for you to be at your best – in and outside of work. This includes:
- Career development – access to a range of learning opportunities, as well as being part of a culture that encourages growth and development.
- Flexible working – everyone has commitments, responsibilities, and passions outside of work. With a range of patterns available including hybrid, part-time or flexitime working, let’s discuss how we make time for what matters to you.
- A holistic benefits package – we pride ourselves in offering a wide range of benefits that support your financial, emotional, and physical wellbeing.
THE NEXT STEPS
To apply for this role, simply click the ‘Apply’ button found on this page.
You may be prompted to set up a profile with us. It’s quick and easy to do. Or, if you have already created a profile with us, simply log in and submit your application.
Here are 3 top tips to help you submit an application:
- Make sure your CV is up-to-date and highlights the transferable skills and experience you can bring to this role.
- Include a cover letter as part of your application. It’s your chance to tell us why you would be a brilliant addition to our team.
- Take your time with your application and check there are no errors such as spelling mistakes.
Once you have submitted your application, we will be in touch as soon as possible with next steps.
To find out more about Seaway7, please visit our website.
You can also follow us on our social channels, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.