Provide Engineering support and technical expertise to operating plants & pipeline, projects related to Pipeline discipline through all phases of project..
Acts as subject matter expert for Pipeline (Offshore & Onshore), participating in project implementation, peer reviews for other business units/areas, modifications, upgrading, capacity improvement etc. Ensures Pipeline safety pertaining to new projects, field modifications, etc.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Ensure, through direction and guidance of personnel, that the Pipeline Engineering work is progressed efficiently to maintain schedule without compromising on quality in accordance with contract requirement and good Engineering Practices.
- Provide technical input to the decision-making process for major/strategic decisions affecting the selection and procurement of major Pipeline/pipeline material.
- Review /Approve drawings, specification, data sheets and other technical documents related to Pipeline engineering for all project stages.
- Technical Authority and responsible person to review /approve Design Change Authorization (DCA) request form ,deviations from standard practices or codes and Contract Trend Notices (CTN) on Piping/Pipeline related issues in the Company.
- Establishes the performance measures and an individual Personal Development Plan (PDP) against which Pipeline engineering Youth Programme members are assessed. Identifies the training needs and work opportunities to close performance gaps.
- Ensures effective implementation of Company health, safety and environmental policy, procedures, regulations and objectives. Conducts all work activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner at all times by not taking on any task(s) that are perceived as unsafe. Complies with the Company’s QHSE management system and reports all incidents and near misses to the supervisor or QHSE representative. Ensures effective accident investigation, follow up and implementation of resultant lessons learned.
- Keep abreast of the Knowledge of industry latest practices and new technological products including evaluation of new technology and evaluate / introduce international good practice.
- Participates in the development and management of Division annual budget and prepares yearly overhead budgets for the department based upon input from Corporate Accounting.
- Provides Subject Matter Expert support for company competency evaluation program including inter-OPCO/company developments.
- Leads the investigation of technical and commercial aspects of project work as related to Piping/Pipeline systems and plants according to project requirement
- Participate, Update and Maintain of company technical specifications and guidelines for Piping/Pipeline related activities and Piping/Pipeline materials.
- Participation on various project workshops such as Design reviews, Plot plan review, 3D Model Reviews, HAZOP, HAZID, PHSSER, Constructability Review, Material handling study reviews, Risk Assessment Review, Value Engineering Reviews, etc.
- Screening the CVs and participation in interviews for selection of candidates for key project positions such as Lead Discipline Engineers of Contractors/Consultants & PMC / Third Party Consultant and IVB.
- Provides Peer reviewer for all Piping/Pipeline related studies and modifications carried out by Asset Engineering or Pre Project team and provides representation in all Technical Audit, carried out under scope of Consultant/EPC contractors.
- Reviews and endorses tender and contract documents related to Piping/Pipeline projects
- Participate/lead factory acceptance tests and conclude the acceptance of critical Piping/Pipeline components (such as safety critical valves, pipeline valves etc) and major packages.
- Plan and supervise the activities of the personnel and resources of the Team to achieve the Department objectives in an efficient and cost-conscious manner while ensuring implementation of approved operational plans for the Team in line with Department objectives.
- Develop the knowledge, competencies and innovative spirit in the Team and support the establishment of Personal Development Plans (PDP’s), Succession Planning and Talent pipeline within the Team in coordination with the Human Capability Group to continuously develop employees with emphasis on UAE Nationals to meet Emiratization targets.
Budgets and Operational Plans
- Compile and provide input for preparation of the Department budgets and regularly monitor expenditure against approved the Team budget levels.
- Investigate, highlight and reconcile any significant variances to ensure effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Lead the implementation of approved Team policies, processes, systems, Quality standards, procedures and internal controls in order to support execution of the Division work programs in line with Company and International standards
- Implement the Company Performance Management System for individuals within the Team in accordance with Company approved guidelines and continuously monitor the achievement of the Team KPIs related to the approved Annual Performance Management Contract and the Balanced Score Card.
Organisation Structure and Development
- Review, develop and recommend the appropriate organisation structure for the Team that will best utilise human capital while proactively incorporating sustainability into the on-going work practices to meet the business objectives.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Encourage innovation, enhance employee motivation and support initiatives for implementation of Change Management to continuously improve operations and services.
- Propose improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the Team.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Support the institution of an HSE culture and ensure compliance with relevant HSE policies, procedures, systems & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines across the Team in line with international standards, best practices and company Code of Practices / HSE standards
- Ensure adequate HSE training and induction for all Team employees to meet HSE standards.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Reporting to the Manager Technical Support Eng.
- Regular contacts with all engineers and TLs within the Technical Centre to discuss all key issues, projects activities and respective discipline involvement and contribution.
- Regular contacts with Team Leaders from other divisions to exchange information / expertise and coordination.
- Regular contacts with Project Managers, leaders and Project Engineering Team Leaders to ensure engineering quality and timely support to running activities.
- Frequent Communications with Senior Management through Manger Technical Support
- Works according to Company’s established procedures and technical standards. Refer problems to Manger Technical Support.
- Pipeline engineers and team leaders in other company group of Companies for knowledge and experience sharing.
- Subject Matter Experts from Contractors/vendors/suppliers, third party service provider and industry experts on technical issues, technology updates, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- BACHELOR DEGREE IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 10 years of experience in Engineering of Pipeline (Subsea &Onshore) including 8 years in the oil and gas industry.
Minimum of 3 years as Senior Pipeline Engineer.
Close the popup
To apply for this job please visit jobs.adnoc.ae.