Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients.
We encourage applications and enquiries from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people looking to apply for opportunities within Petrofac. Indigenous Peoples are critical partners and stakeholders within Petrofac operations across Australia.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs, planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: SENIOR PLANNING ENGINEER
- Focal point and technical lead for schedule interface in Ascertra Mpower (Petrofac’s project controls solution).
- Support the implementation / roll-out / development of Ascertra Mpower.
- Contribute to documented project procedures and processes. Suggest improvements / make recommendations where appropriate.
- Develop and/or manage project performance monitoring for deliverables, project management and contractor scopes of work.
- Prepare schedule and progress reports such as Gantt charts, schedule critical path(s), histograms, s-curves, etc.
- Project schedule analysis and assurance. Recommend / implement changes or improvements to project schedules.
- Interface with other functions and departments to collect data, resolve issues, or prepare reports.
- Initiate and lead project schedule review meetings with project team, contractors and/or client.
- Participate in project review meetings and provide project advice/support when appropriate.
- Continuous improvement of the project planning procedure, process, and service.
- Coaching and mentoring of Planning Engineer(s).
- Other related tasks as directed by your line manager.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated capability from prior work experience. Typically requires a minimum of 10 years working experience with project planning for contractors (EPC, EPCM, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle Primavera, including sequencing activities, working with resources, baselines, earned value.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, including working with tables, pivot tables, and charts.
- Excellent English language communication and familiarity with local culture (typically obtained by prior long-term residence in a country of similar culture).
- Proactive and confident personality and communication style.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.