Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: Supply Chain Manager
- To lead and manage a supply chain team ensuring all activities are carried out fully in accordance with Petrofac’s policies, processes and procedures.
- Ensure that the Supply Chain delivers both services, equipment, manufactured goods and materials in compliance with Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality Standards.
- Creation of appropriate materials and logistics strategies to ensure project and customers’ requirements are satisfied.
- To maintain and monitor supply chain governance mechanisms within their area with a view to identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement and mitigation of risk
- Develop & deliver a supply chain strategy for the delivery of third party goods and services for each project; agree with project management and implement upon successful award of client contract.
- Analyse performance data and, in conjunction with Quality and HSSEIA functions, undertake supplier performance reviews to drive supplier performance improvement.
- Contribute to and promote a performance culture within the SCM team, improving focus on performance and value creation.
- Build, lead, manage and develop the in-country supply chain team capability in its pursuit of delivering optimal service levels.
- Resourcing projects with suitable mix of supply chain disciplines in line with project execution plans.
- Safety leader and role model and will promote Health, Safety, Security and Environment within project team.
- Accountable for forecasting and delivering against the project SCM budgets.
- Act as SCM focal point for company and client supply chain issues.
- Ensure all supply chain activities preserve the company’s legal and commercial integrity and that company’s and client’s governance controls are adhered to;
- Ensure all supply chain activities are carried out in accordance with Company policies, processes and procedures.
- Ensure all SCM personnel and suppliers comply with Petrofac’s Code of Business Conduct and the Supply Chain Principles.
- Ensure all Supply Chain Management systems are set up and operated to meet project and client requirements.
- Support the appraisal measurement and management of contractors / subcontractor’s performance.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- End to End supply chain operations management experience in West Africa
- Proven track record of developing and implementing Supply Chain Management strategies on multiple projects.
- Strong experience of relationship management with all stakeholders including client, suppliers and internal asset teams
- Experience of building, developing, and leading a supply chain team.
- Experienced in the tactical deployment of Supply Chain Systems.
- Possess excellent communication skills to build confidence and influence both client and project management teams.
- Ability to lead Safety initiatives and intervene where necessary.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP systems is essential.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management and/or professional qualification (MCIPS, SCMP, CPM) or related subjects preferred. –
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work under own initiative and meet tight deadlines.
- Good understanding of industry standard and be spoke purchasing terms including Logic etc
- Knowledge and experience of developing procurement terms
- Proven negotiations skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior or similar role with supervisor responsibility for a procurement team.
- Considerable construction experience in procurement of major packages and subcontract management in UK for onshore projects
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.