A Tax Advisor at Canadian Natural is a strategic thinker with strong communication skills and a broad base of tax knowledge and experience. Reporting to the Director, Tax, this role’s focus is income tax planning and advisory. You will utilize your in-depth understanding of and background in tax law as it applies to Canadian Corporations, to make informed, tax-efficient decisions in compliance with government regulations.
- Provide tax perspective and advice on transactions in context of commercial requirements and limitations
- Review and research complex taxation issues
- Provide tax support and advice to various functions in the organization
- Assist with income tax audits and appeals, tax compliance, and tax provision
- Job location: Calgary, Alberta
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan, and benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in a corporate tax role or relatable experience
- Accounting designation (CPA)
- Completion of the CPA In-Depth Tax Course
- Strong technical experience and tax compliance, planning/research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills allowing for effective interactions; comfortable in dealing with various levels both inside and external to the organization
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – “Canadian Natural” – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application deadline is July 30, 2021. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.