As a drilling fluids and cement specialist, the job holder has a specific responsibility to guarantee the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the fluids and cementing programs for drilling rig. He supervises and ensures the proper preparation and execution of drilling fluids and cementing programs, especially on critical operations. He conducts relevant studies, which contribute to continuing improvement in drilling performance. He is in charge of preparation, supervising and following up the drilling fluids, solid control and waste management / cementing contracts. He provides information to Drilling Team to ensure efficient management of the contract, operation and successful outcome of the well.
- Establishes detailed fluids / cement programs for drilling, completion, workover and abandonment operations
- Analyzes data obtained from rig site and prepared constructive actions in order to detect the limiting factors to the drilling performance. Contributes to improve the performance while maintaining proper standards for HSE.
- Prepares and updates the standard instructions concerning drilling fluids and cement to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Performs studies on drilling fluids / cementing and related equipment in order to improve HSE and decrease cost, time of operations.
- Work with Civil team to design and prepare the site for solid control equipment and waste pit.
- Supervises works of Drilling Fluid / Cementing company in office. Supervise during cementing operation and critical operation at rig site.
- Prepares and elaborates the drilling fluids / cementing and waste phase reports including cement evaluation at the end of well for drilling operations.
- Prepares the scope of work: exhibits,ITT technical and commercial matrices for drilling and Completion fluids solid cotrol and waste management services when call for tender are being written. Perform technical and cost evaluation of drilling fluids / cementing bids. Recommends the selection of contractor.
- Be contract holder for Drilling/completion fluids, solid control and waste management. Be contract holder for cement contract.
- Supervises and follows-up drilling fluids / cementing contracts. Ensures that the contractor fully adheres to the work procedures and technical specifications required by Company.
Professional Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 10 years of experience in various types of Drilling Fluid System and cementing in various areas in a supervisory level
- Experience in Algeria onshore drilling operation. Experience with OBM, SBM, Heavy 2.18 SG mud and cement, light cement slurry.
- Knowledge of Operational planning, Preventive maintenance planning, Coordination among relevant departments and contractors
- Commitment and passion for managing HSE
- Fluent English, French or Arabic compulsory, good communication skills
- Good computer skills (MS Office: Excel / Word / PowerPoint / Outlook)
- Interpersonal and communication skills to all levels including subordinates
To apply for this job please visit altea-energy.com.