We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves. Experience the challenges, rewards, and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- This position is for North America Land (NAL) engineering and operations projects. Prior experience with NAL projects is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Carbon Capture projects including regulatory, permitting, planning and execution is desired.
- Under direct supervision, the Well Engineer II is responsible for process implementation for proposals, the Basis of Design, and Operation Programs as it applies to well engineering or well intervention.
- Assures technical integrity of Operations planning and execution.
- Responsible for continuous improvement through lessons learned, timely End-of-Well reports and ensures feedback is incorporated in future operations.
- Oversees the creation and approval of Approval for Expenditure (AFE) and cost control of operations.
- Ensures risk assessments are completed to assure a safe and environmentally acceptable program and forecasts and plans medium and long term needs to meet program requirements.
- Coordinates daily morning meetings, anticipates operational changes and needs and revises plans accordingly.
- Evaluates results compared to goals and performance targets.
- Ensures engineering studies are performed to solve recurring problems.
- Prepares equipment lists and identifies long lead items.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in STEM, preference in Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering.
- 6+ years of well services experience.
- Proven Project Management experience.
- Well Supervisory experience and exposure to multi-discipline operations (drilling, completions, workovers, abadonment) is preferred. Experience with gravel pack operations, stimulation and fracturing operations is strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership skills are required to effectively influence and achieve desired outcomes with internal and external associates.
- Must be energetic and have a strong internal drive with a willingness to learn from others.
- Experience working under a range of contract models (reimbursable, lump sum, turnkey, etc.) is preferred.
- Must have Well Control Certificate.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from Well Engineer II to Sr. Well Engineer or Principal Well Engineer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 179108
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Halliburton Project Management
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
To apply for this job please visit jobs.halliburton.com.