CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global technology and HPC leader that provides data, products, services and solutions in Earth science, data science, sensing and monitoring. Our unique portfolio supports our clients in efficiently and responsibly solving complex digital, energy transition, natural resource, environmental, and infrastructure challenges for a more sustainable future.
Our Geology & Engineering experts provide valuable insight for natural resource exploration and development and support geothermal, CCUS and environmental programs for the energy transition.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Automated Mineralogy Technician to join our highly collaborative team!
Reporting to the Laboratory Supervisor, you will play a crucial role in analyzing samples that support a diverse range of commercial and research projects at CGG. These projects span hydrocarbon and mineral resource exploration, renewable energy initiatives, carbon capture, utilization, storage (CCUS), and environmental science.
You will work and support the automated mineralogy specialists and other team members to contribute to various functions within the discipline including QEMSCAN-SEM, Cathodoluminescence, XRF, and high-resolution imaging.
- Operate QEMSCAN-SEM equipment; interpretation of the data and images
- Implement conventional and specialized approaches to generate high quality data and images from challenging sample materials
- Capture and analyze data using general software (e.g., Microsoft Excel) and specialized systems
- Innovation and creativity within the automated mineralogy laboratories, proposing ideas for workflow enhancements within the broader team
- Liaise and engage with a variety of team members, internal and external clients regarding projects and workflows, delivering best-in-class service.
- Maintain a client-focused approach, ensuring timely, budget-compliant, and high-quality project deliveries.
- Willingness to learn and contribute within various part of the automated mineralogy lab and wider laboratory as part of a collaborative team.
- Follow and execute the laboratory procedures, working autonomously or within a multi-disciplined team
- Adherence to legislative, company policies, and procedures, ensuring strict attention to HSE and quality control standards.
- BSc in geology or equivalent qualification or minimum 3 years of experience as a Laboratory Technician
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with Laboratory-defined databases.
- Exceptional understanding of minerals and their characteristics.
While experience in automated mineralogy and QEMSCAN-SEM is preferable, the necessary training will be provided.
Why work at CGG?
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Highly attractive bonus scheme
- Initial 22 days annual leave with future increases, complemented by a flexible buying and selling holiday program
- Company pension with generous employer contribution
- Wellbeing Unmind app – puts you in control of your mental health
- A flexible benefits platform with numerous discount schemes – gym membership, restaurants, cinema tickets, and much more!
- Cycle purchase scheme
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programmes
- Bank Holiday Swap – our holiday swap program allows you to change it for another day of your choice!
- Buy & Sell Holiday Programme – you can buy extra holiday, sell unused holiday or even save it up!
- Relaxed dress code policy
Learning and Development
At CGG, you will have the space to grow at the pace of your passion and explore the opportunities available to those who dare and deliver.
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs our employees to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own Learning Hub.
We Care about the Environment
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.
We see things differently. Diversity fuels our innovation, we value the unique ways in which we differ, and we are committed to equal employment opportunities for all professionals.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.