The Inspector engineer is responsible to provides support to both Corrosion and Metallographic lab to investigate metallurgy/materials/corrosion engineering issues in manufacturing plant operations and contract manufacturing facilities. ensuring the integrity of GHBR installation pipeline and gathering systems and perform all quality assurance and quality control activities meet the standards and specifications set forth in the project requirements. The job holder is responsible for set-up Project Quality Plan and promoting, advising, and facilitating all QA/QC matters in GHBR Development Project to ensure the plants/facilities are constructed in fully compliance with SONATRACH and/or PTTEP engineering specification and applicable to Local and International Codes & Standards.
- Rotation working at SAHARA, Hassi Messaoud or GH site/OC camp.
- Be a focal point for Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) matters for GHBR Development Project.
- Be a focal point interface with Government authorities i.e. AST-ARH-DGM-DMI-DDE-ONML
- Responsible for managing Factory and site inspection with coordinate with Buyers, 3rd party and End users of different departments.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, audit and monitoring Project Quality Plan and QA/QC programs for GHBR Development Project in compliance to SONATRACH and/or PTTEP engineering specification and applicable Local and International Codes & Standards.
- To participate in audits and reviews of inspection processes and procedures
- Ensure that the plants/facilities are constructed in accordance with SONATRACH and/or PTTEP & Project Specifications, design documents, applicable Algerian Laws, Authorities, Codes & Standards, and acceptable work practices.
Responsibilities during operation & EPC Execution
- Develops and reviews technical specifications and procedure relating to materials and corrosion, including development, and updating of Integrity Operating Windows and Corrosion Control Documents.
- Developed and functional Corrosion Transmitter to provide enhanced accuracy measurements of metal loss due to corrosion within pipelines with pre-existing Distributed Control System (DCS) monitoring points.
- Supports and updates plant corrosion/damage mechanism reviews as part of the process, Metallurgical Reviews, and Risk-Based Inspection plans based on API-580 methodology and monitor the internal corrosion.
- Specify maintenance programmes that includes cleaning pigging and chemical treatment, sampling programme for analyses corrosion probe and coupon analyses.
- Participates with Engineering, Operations and Maintenance personnel during the design stage of projects regarding material selection and design to minimize the effects of corrosion.
- Review and approve proposals and engineering conclusions/designs for step-and-touch and corrosion mitigation.
- Supporting Pipeline Integrity Programs (ILI evaluations) Mentors inspectors, engineers, and others in materials technologies such as materials selection, welding and fabrication, and corrosion control
- Review and approve recommend solutions for coating failures and cathodic protection.
- Participate in HAZOP review sessions and ensure that all issues are addressed.
- Provides subject matter technical assistance to field operations and maintenance personnel in matters regarding cathodic protection, protective coatings, material selection, corrosion inhibitors & biocides, corrosion data management, construction techniques, and testing procedures for the prevention.
- Establish and implement effective quality management system to support the Project’s activities.
- Develop Company Project Quality Plan for GHBR Development Project.
- Set-up and Develop Project QA/QC Procedures, ITP, quality management systems to effectively monitor QA/QC performance to support Project & Construction activities with EPC Contractors.
- Accountable for quality work of EPC Contractors, including review all Engineering Design deliverables and Vendor documents relating to QA/QC aspect, review all QA/QC procedures/documents prepared by Contractors/Subcontractors and supervise QA/QC activities performed by Contractors, Subcontractors and Vendors.
- Monitor and ensure Contractor QA/QC performance, QA/QC inspection and test plan, process and all QA/QC activities during Onshore Construction T&I activities are effectively executed and complied with SONATRACH and/or PTTEP & Project Specifications, design documents, applicable Codes & Standards, and acceptable work practices.
- Maintain detailed records of inspections, tests, and corrective actions.
- Provide QA/QC improvement guideline to SONATRACH and/or PTTEP CSR and Contractors as necessary.
- Provide construction assurance support, performing/coordinating specific QA/QC audit activities to ensure that Engineering, Procurement/Vendor and Construction activities/deliverables comply with Project Specifications and applicable Local and International Codes & Standards, Algerian Laws, all Authorities requirements.
- Prepare comprehensive quality reports for project management, highlighting areas of compliance and non-compliance.
Professional Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy/Corrosion Engineering or equivalent professional qualification in related fields.
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant QA/QC experience in a similar role with minimum 7 years working experience in Major Oil & Gas Construction Onshore Projects.
- Experience in developing Quality Management systems, Quality Assurance, work processes, best practices in large-scale Construction projects.
- Familiarity with industry codes and standards (e.g., API, ASME).
- Certified by CSWIP 3.2 or AWS for Welding inspection.
- Certified by CSWIP or PCN Level 2 for RT
- Certified by ASNT Level 2 for MT and PT
- Certified by NACE or equivalent recognized international organization for Painting inspector.
- Strong knowledge in fabrication, welding and NDE techniques (RT, UT, MT & PT), external & internal surface preparation and protective coating techniques
- Strong knowledge and familiar with applicable Local and International Codes and Standards for Oil and Gas Industry.
- Familiar with Algerian EPC Projects or Operation is a plus benefit.
- Demonstrates good judgment in problem solving, including selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills and integrity.
- Stakeholder Management skills – Proven ability to build strong working relationship with internal and external parties.
- Fluent in English for Listening / Reading / Speaking / Writing
- Fluent in French for Listening / Reading / Speaking / Writing
- Excellence in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Able to work under pressure, and remote environmental.
- Flexible, diligent & productive, adaptive
- Willing to learn, good attitude and work as a team (One team one goal)
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Individual must be capable of working independently, efficient and competent in carrying out duties.
- Internal Relevant Depts in PLS and Corporate
- External EPC Contractors, SONATRACH and Project Governance, JV Partners, Government Authorities as well as other external parties, if required.
To apply for this job please visit altea-energy.com.