Installation Analysis Engineer
Initial 12 Month Contract
London – Hybrid working set up averaging 3 days every other week in the office, potential further flexibility
Oil & Gas sector
An Installation Analysis Engineer is required to be responsible for delivering large installation scopes of analysis in Project/ Tender/ FEED phases
As the Installation Analysis Engineer, you will have the ability to work on a very flexible hybrid working set up with further flexibility being considered.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Develop the overall installation analysis scope package, including but not limited to Flexible / Umbilical / Cable Lay, Structure and Mooring installation.
- As the Installation Analysis Engineer, you will perform the in-place analysis scope of static Flexible flowlines and jumpers
- Coordinate a team of analysis engineers to meet required engineering works, optimisation, workload, schedule etc.
- As the Installation Analysis Engineer, you will encourage knowledge sharing within the discipline.
- As the Installation Analysis Engineer, you will Support trainees and less experienced engineers
- Responsibility at the start of the Project / Tender / FEED:
- As the Installation Analysis Engineer, you will identify the scope of work, specifications, schedule and inter-discipline requirements.
- As the Installation Analysis Engineer, you will Understand project/client expectations and gather applicable past lessons learnt.
- Identity the required project interfaces and agree on a schedule and resource plan with department managers
- Responsibility during the Project / Tender / FEED:
- As the Installation Analysis Engineer, you will prepare discipline engineering design basis, philosophies, technical specifications, and design reports as required.
- Perform and review the OrcaFlex analysis confirming it adheres with the agreed design brief and basis. Ensure that QA/QC process is correctly followed in the team.
- Maintain relevant project Interface and ensure alignment with other design engineering departments, Installation Method Engineers, SPS suppliers, Client, Engineering Managers, and Flexible / Umbilical Engineers.
- Organise a regular meeting with the analysis team and maintain the action register. Issue regular reporting including document progress, resource mobilization planning, manhour tracking, and ensure technical changes with respect to the base scope are tracked properly.
- As the Installation Analysis Engineer, you will attend project review meetings, vendor meetings and engineering meetings organised by other disciplines
- Organise and chair the analysis engineering review (internal and external)
- Participate in customer and third-party technical audits on engineering deliverables and vendor documents.
- Bachelor in Naval Architecture, Mechanical / Structural / Civil / Hydrodynamic engineering. Master’s degree or PhD preferred
- Relevant experience in the oil and gas industry or equivalent, with a preference in EPCI contractor or consultant predominantly performing construction and installation design.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of design techniques and installation analysis in OrcaFlex, with an understanding of applicable standard codes (e.g. DNVGL-ST-N001).
- As the Installation Analysis Engineer, you will experience in developing small engineering teams.
Systems where further knowledge is desirable:
- Naval architecture,
- Offshore experience,
- Python knowledge,
- Rigid riser design,
- Flexible pipe and umbilical design.
Who we are
- First Recruitment Group are committed to finding the right candidates for our clients, and the right companies for our candidates to work for. We’re passionate about putting people first, and take pride in being able to offer an all-round service for candidates and clients with our payroll solution, MyPay+ and workforce management solution, Operam.
- As part of putting people first, we strive to be an equal opportunities employer and we are always looking to increase the diversity of our workforce, working closely with our clients to ensure everyone is included.
To apply for this job please visit www.firstrecruitmentgroup.com.