Principal/Senior Structural Engineer
12 month contract
Our client is currently looking for a Principal/Senior Structural Engineer to join on an initial 12 month contract within the project delivery team.
- Support our safety culture and to challenge unsafe behaviours.
- Deliver structural engineering services that meet clients, its customer’s and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Deliver the scope of individual responsibility within quality, schedule and budget requirements and facilitate the same throughout the CS and project team.
- Interface with other disciplines and colleagues both locally and globally to produce structural steelwork and RC calculations to legacy British Standards and Euro Codes.
- Ensure proper application of technical standards.
- Work with Designers to realise Engineering Designs.
- Coordinate and align with multi-disciplinary project groups.
- Communicate effectively with the civil/ structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer where required.
- Take part in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures.
- Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes.
- Provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities e.g. write requisitions.
- If required conduct technical bid evaluations and assist with purchase orders..
- Ensure vendor/ contractor documentation, is reviewed for technical acceptability (when related specifically to CS discipline) or is considered for design impact (e.g. mechanical vendor documentation) where this is part of the area of responsibility.
- Proactively resolve or assist in resolution of any discrepancies between the client and its Customer’s requirements.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Candidates must as a minimum have a BSc degree (or equivalent) in Civil / structural Engineering.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CEng) status or evidence of working towards chartered status.
- Experience of working within small – medium scope projects within a multidiscipline environment and of delivering work with global teams.
- Experience of Petrochem EPC/EPCm projects.
- Experience in both FEED and detailed design.
- Commercial awareness within professional services environment.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the civil / structural engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields and interdependencies between them.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation including CDM.
- Competent use of civil/ structural engineering specific software such as STAAD Pro.
- Experience of working within a multidiscipline 3D model environment.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite, Teams.
Who we are
- First Recruitment Group are committed to finding the right candidates for our clients, and the right companies for our candidates to work for. We’re passionate about putting people first, and take pride in being able to offer an all-round service for candidates and clients with our payroll solution, Primis + and workforce management solution, Operam.
- As part of putting people first, we strive to be an equal opportunities employer and we are always looking to increase the diversity of our workforce, working closely with our clients to ensure everyone is included.
To apply for this job please visit www.firstrecruitmentgroup.com.