At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil’s affiliates in India
ExxonMobil’s affiliates have offices in India in Bengaluru, Mumbai and the National Capital Region.
ExxonMobil’s affiliates in India supporting the Product Solutions business engage in the marketing, sales and distribution of performance as well as specialty products across chemicals and lubricants businesses. The India planning teams are also embedded with global business units for business planning and analytics.
ExxonMobil’s LNG affiliate in India supporting the upstream business provides consultant services for other ExxonMobil upstream affiliates and conducts LNG market-development activities.
The Global Business Center – Technology Center provides a range of technical and business support services for ExxonMobil’s operations around the globe.
ExxonMobil strives to make a positive contribution to the communities where we operate and its affiliates support a range of education, health and community-building programs in India. Read more about our Corporate Responsibility Framework.
To know more about ExxonMobil in India, visit ExxonMobil India and the Energy Factor India.
What role you will play in our team
What you will do
- Manage portfolio of retail customers i.e., retailers, independent & branded workshops and coordinate sales activities through distributor / authorized reseller network in assigned territory
- Track distribution and market share and take appropriate steps to meet growth objectives
- Monitor market conditions and emerging trends and provide feedback to enhance marketing offers
- Implement assigned marketing programs and promotions through distributors & authorized resellers
- Build positive business relationships with distributors, authorized resellers and their key customers
- Conduct periodic business reviews with distributors & authorized resellers for business improvement
- Manage and settle enquiries, disputes, claims and complaints raised by customers
- Collaborate with cross functional team, leverage ExxonMobil resources to meet business objectives
- Train and coach distributors and their staffs
- Negotiate and implement sales contracts with customers directly and through distributors
Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate or Post-Graduate in fields of Sales, Marketing, Commerce, Finance or Engineering preferably MBA in Marketing, Sales or Finance
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience
- A highly motivated team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word & Power point
- Listens actively, summarizes information and asks appropriate questions to fully understand concepts, activities and priorities
- Ability to analyze business performance and identify the areas of improvement
- Analytical Skills
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Market and Business Knowledge
- Understanding of commercial and financial fundamentals to identify value drivers to pursue B2C retail business opportunities
- Ability to exercise pragmatic business judgment and incorporate customer needs to identify opportunities and grow value
- Ability to identify and analyze emerging trends in the external market and/or internal operations to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Understanding of B2C retail sales management process and pricing mechanism
- Aware of competitor’s path to market – Competitive Benchmarking / Marketing strategies and tactics
- Understanding of value chain impacts related to channel management/execution
- Ability to influence channel partners and guide them to meet the business objectives
- Ability to create value by effectively utilizing EMs digital platforms & applications
- Ability to guide, coach and manage the team of extended sales force
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance and life. We offer you:
Medical plans, maternity leave and benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment benefits
Global networking & cross-functional opportunities
Annual vacations & holidays
Day care assistance program
Training and development program
Tuition assistance program
Workplace flexibility policy
Please note benefits may change from time to time without notice, subject to applicable laws. The benefits programs are based on the Company’s eligibility guidelines.
Stay connected with us
- Learn more about ExxonMobil in India, visit ExxonMobil India and Energy Factor India.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Subscribe our channel at YouTube
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability status.
Business solicitation and recruiting scams
ExxonMobil does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an advance fee of any kind (e.g., placement fees, immigration processing fees, etc.). Follow the LINK to understand more about recruitment scams in the name of ExxonMobil.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.