Senior Umbilical and Controls EngineerUmbilical and controls engineer
Hybrid Working – 3 days in the office
Initial 6 Month Contract
My Client has exciting opportunity for a Contract Senior Umbilical and Controls Engineer to work in our Central Engineering team, based in our Aberdeen. This will be for an initial period of 6 months. Dependant on project workload, this period may be extended.
What will you be doing?
- Have a good understanding and experience in the main industry standards for umbilicals, cables and controls standards.
- Have an understanding of overall Control System architecture, including the installation drivers and constraints for Umbilical and Production Control Systems.
- Understand the needs of clients; identify and address design parameters and problems; develop and implement solutions.
- Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which will include to review and generate Technical Specifications and Scopes of Work for Umbilicals (including thermoplastic, steel tube, dynamic and static) and Production Control System elements, provide engineering support to Drawing Office, perform design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and review of various 3rd-party submissions.
- Be competent in the Technical Package Management of Umbilical and Production Control Suppliers, ensuring products are delivered to agreed technical specifications, on time and within budget.
- Sign and issue technical documentation as originator or checker, accepting personal responsibility for its accuracy and adequacy.
- Provide technical engineering support to other departments within the Central Engineering and Project Engineering Groups (including for occasional periods of support offshore or on-site support at fabrication facilities for FATs, SITs and Pre-commissioning activities).
- Effectively evaluate and organise work for self and others.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
What experience would we like you to have?
- Degree in an engineering discipline, although HNC/ HND candidates with relevant experience will be considered.
- Experience of formal engineering and design control processes.
- Experienced in delivery of Topside and Control System equipment and Umbilical systems.
- Able to distil complex issues into concise instructions and specifications.
- Understanding and experience in Control System Architecture to component level to provide diagnostic support during offshore pre-commissioning.
- Able to prioritise own workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of budget or schedule.
- Ability to travel offshore and overseas when required.
- Ability to travel to Supplier facilities for meetings, witness of testing etc and Fabrication Sites as required for Project Support.
Who we are
First Recruitment Group are committed to finding the right candidates for our clients, and the right companies for our candidates to work for. We’re passionate about putting people first, and take pride in being able to offer an all-round service for candidates and clients with our payroll solution, Primis and workforce management solution, Operam.
As part of putting people first, we strive to be an equal opportunities employer and we are always looking to increase the diversity of our workforce, working closely with our clients to ensure everyone is included.
To apply for this job please visit www.firstrecruitmentgroup.com.