Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
As part of an experienced team of other e-discovery and litigation support professionals, the Legal Projects Analyst will provide e-discovery project support and technical services to Legal and other business functions. This position supports the Legal Department in the areas of litigation support, e-discovery project planning, custodian tracking, data analytics, report creation for clients, management of Legal Ops projects as requested, and adhering to e-discovery protocols, processes, and systems. This role also involves working with data science techniques to analyze and extract insights from large datasets, using tools such as machine learning, data mining, and predictive analytics. This is a customer-facing role working closely with outside counsel, preferred e-discovery vendors, in-house counsel, paralegals, internal investigators, security, and other staff as requested.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Assist Attorney Work Teams (AWTs) with the collection of electronic and paper documents from custodians within the company who have potentially responsive information in response to litigation and/or other document requests
- Coordinate and manage contract attorney document reviews with our external vendors, and partner with in-house e-discovery counsel, AWTs, and outside counsel to facilitate review success
- Serve as the primary case team and client liaison for the collection, processing, hosting, review, and production of data maintained in internal and external repositories
- Ability to effectively utilize the Legal Enterprise Discovery processes to provide high quality, consistent, defensible discovery work product that protects the interests of ConocoPhillips and assists ConocoPhillips legal teams to procure a successful outcome in a cost-effective and timely manner
- Coordinate discovery needs, as requested, for matters (some of which may be highly sensitive), and use judgement to determine when legal analysis and advice is needed
- Independently plan and manage all litigation support activities associated with matters assigned by the eDiscovery Services Supervisor or Director
- Analyze complex issues that do not follow the current standard Legal Business Enterprise Discovery protocols and processes and identify solutions that are still compliant with Federal and State discovery requirements
- Interact with outside counsel and/or vendors on questions regarding the status, depth, breadth and/or expansiveness of materials collected and/or preserved for purposes of responding to discovery requests
- Validate and document chain of custody, extent of search, and completeness of collection
- Manually load processed and converted documents into document review systems for review by AWTs, internal investigators, security, contractors, or outside counsel
- Assist AWTs with review workflows and layouts, privilege log creation, and coordination, creation, and completion of document productions
- Coordinate and perform training of internal Legal staff and outside counsel on e-discovery protocols, processes, and related systems usage
- Administrate the company’s custodian tracking database system, including but not limited to tracking users in the system, maintaining the database, coordinating with IT on its use and operation, performing quality control checks on the data, and developing reports from the system for users and management
- Administer and handle the Relativity platform, stay up to date about the latest functionality to the platform, and ensure the platform meets the needs of internal and external clients
- Consistently demonstrate high integrity, ethical behavior, ownership of actions, and follow-through on commitments
- Consistently exhibit and value teamwork and collaboration
- Flexibility to work after hours or travel on short notice for urgent requests
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- 5+ years of experience working in a Legal environment, preferably in Litigation, with emphasis on e-discovery and litigation support project management or other related legal activities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, finance, management information systems, statistics, mathematics, data science, related field, or foreign equivalent
- Certified e-Discovery Specialist (CEDS)
- Relativity Certifications (RCA, RCU)
- 10+ years of experience working in a Legal environment, preferably in Litigation, with emphasis on e-discovery and litigation support project management and legal hold order processes
- 5+ years in a data science/technical role
- 3+ years of experience configuring Relativity workspaces, active learning models, administering user credentials, and handling document reviews
- 1+ years of experience with simultaneously handling multiple projects and work teams
- Intermediate knowledge of the discovery/litigation process and the requirements imposed by the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Intermediate knowledge of data assessment, early case assessment tools, structural and conceptual analytics, search term methodologies, technology assisted review, continuous active learning, and report generation for consumption by the AWTs
- Intermediate knowledge of litigation support and electronic discovery practices, workflow design, and tactical use of technology within the Legal environment
- Intermediate proficiency in leading discovery applications such as Relativity, Disco, Reveal, and Purview
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Highly developed understanding of the litigation process, including all phases of discovery (i.e., preservation, collection, processing, and document review and production)
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to advise all levels of personnel on complex technical issues
- Ability to write professional and concise process and end-user documentation
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
Apply Before: January 30, 2024
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.