We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves. Experience the challenges, rewards, and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Halliburton Marine Technician works in a dynamic environment that has high expectations for project execution in safety, quality, cost, and schedule performance, which requires the incumbent to demonstrate accuracy, initiative, and the ability to multi-task as essential skills. This job focuses on design support, installation, and packaging for offshore equipment and associated subsystems that are used in well servicing application on marine vessels and offshore platforms
- Sound Mechanical skills with the ability to read and interpret design prints for pieces of equipment and systems including design/installation of equipment, piping systems, and structures for marine vessels and offshore platforms
- Be able to work with various Manufacturer’s, namely DMC, shipyards, and farm-out shops
- Ability to understand and interpret Global Marine Regulatory Agency’ rules for offshore equipment design and installation (IMO, IMDG, EEEC, ATEX, MARPOL, SOLAS)
- Ability to understand, interpret and implement various Marine Classing Societies rules for design and installation. (American Bureau of Shipping, Det Norse Veritas, Bureau Veritas, and Lloyds of London)
- Assist in the building of a new ship or retrofitting of other offshore vessels to meet current requirements
- Take responsibility for the technical tasks of the project assigned, from component specifications/selection to participating in construction and function testing
- Operating and testing heavy-duty industrial equipment
- Debugging test setups and troubleshoots tools and equipment
- Assisting engineers to make any necessary adjustments, monitor progress, and providing report status on technical activities
- Ability to support production of a high-quality ship, while meeting all Halliburton QHSE and operational requirements
- Assist in the job execution and wellbeing of the people in the team, while at remote shipyards during the construction phase
- Experience with various marine systems including hydraulic, pneumatic, piping, high pressure pump, structural and instrumentation
- Knowledge of International classing society rules (i.e., ABS, DNVGL) and standards (i.e., ISO 9001, IMO IMDG code)
- Meets daily with the team, to review open issues, actions required in support of cost and schedule, identifying, and tracking items which may impact cost and or schedule, while maintaining the Daily Actions Log
- Maintains Compliance to PPE requirements, housekeeping standards, safe behavior as appropriate to Halliburton responsible work items.
- Works with various internal and external partners to ensure a safe working environment
- Must have the ability to travel internationally while working in primitive foreign environments for extended periods. Typical travel up to 25% project base per year
- Candidates must be flexible to travel to other offices, shipyards and offshore for extended periods when required
- Oversees the activities of less experienced technicians. Job role contributes directly to value creation.
- Skills are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology and 8 years of related experience or through 12 years of related experience.
- Completion of an Associate’s degree in a related field of science and 8 years working in a related technician role or through 12 years’ experience working in a related technician, manufacturing, or field operations capacity acceptable
Candidates having qualification that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from Senior Mechanical Technologist, Principal Mechanical Technologist up to the Advisor Mechanical Technologist.
2600 South 2nd St, Duncan, Oklahoma, 73533, United States
Requisition Number: 184887
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
To apply for this job please visit jobs.halliburton.com.