At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil’s state-of-the-art campus north of Houston serves as home to its Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses and their associated service groups. The facility opened in 2014 and accommodates more than 10,000 employees and visitors.
By bringing many global functional groups together, the campus provides employees with the tools and capabilities needed today, and in the future, to achieve business objectives and accelerate the discovery of new resources, technologies and products. It was designed to foster improved collaboration, creativity and innovation and enhance the company’s ability to attract, develop and retain the top talent in the industry.
The campus is located in Spring, Texas, on 385 wooded acres immediately to the west of Interstate Highway 45 (I-45), at the intersection of I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road, approximately 25 miles from the cultural vibrancy of downtown Houston.
The campus was constructed to the highest standards of energy efficiency and environmental stewardship. Its design incorporates extensive research into best practices in building and workplace design through extensive benchmarking of the world’s top academic, research, and corporate facilities.
Learn more about what we do in Houston here.
What role you will play in our team
- Your role will be to represent ExxonMobil interests in multi-party sites in US Superfund and/or other regulatory jurisdictions. Includes review of technical documents and negotiating allocation and/or settlement position for company
- Manage and coordinate interfaces with Law, Commercial and Planning for all aspects of multi-party sites
What you will do
- Work with ExxonMobil Law on CERCLA liability review to create position/strategy regarding ExxonMobil nexus and allocation
- Meet with claimants, PRPs, attorneys and consultants as needed to negotiate settlements, regulatory orders (e.g. Consent Orders) or for multi-party allocation and/or participation agreements
- Develop site ‘path to closure’ and influence PRP Group plans and activities to optimize outcomes for ExxonMobil
- Interface with technical advisors to identify and implement any company specific studies or analysis to support ExxonMobil allocation positions
- Coordinate and provide strategic and technical support for development, review and approvals of all multi-party group regulatory orders and other agreements
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all executed regulatory orders and other governance agreements
- Develop and steward cost and schedule budgets
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Self-motivated, ability to manage travel, adapt to time pressures, and changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful working relationships with emphasis on collaboration in a multi-party group environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of negotiation skills techniques
- Sound business judgment and ability to make timely decisions
- Ability to create high quality work products
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental regulations and use standards
- Demonstrated remedial technical background
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental remediation technology and methodologies
- Knowledge of ExxonMobil Control Policies & Procedures (OIMS, CIMS)
- Available for periodic travel
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- University degree and 10+ years relevant remediation work experience with experience in Superfund preferred
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
We offer you:
- Pension Plan: Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you. The basic benefit is a monthly annuity to be paid to you in retirement for the rest of your life
- Savings Plan: You can contribute between 6% and 20% of your pay and are encouraged to enroll right away. If you contribute at least 6% to your savings plan, the Company will contribute a 7% match
- Workplace Flexibility: We have several programs such as “Flex your Day”, providing ad-hoc flexibility around when and where you work, as well as longer-term programs such as leaves of absence and part-time work
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Culture of Health: Programs and resources to support your wellbeing
- Employee Health Advisory Program: Provides confidential professional counseling for you and your family, including tools and resources promoting mental health and resiliency at no additional cost to you
- Disability Plan: Income replacement for when you cannot work due to illness or injury occurring on or off the job. Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you
More information on our Company’s benefits can be found at www.exxonmobilfamily.com.
Please note benefits may be changed from time to time without notice, subject to applicable law.
Stay connected with us
Learn more at our website
Follow us on LinkedIN and Instagram
Like us on Facebook
Subscribe our channel at YouTube
Equal Opportunity Employer
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
Alternate Location: United States : Bayway, NJ
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.