Position : Project Director
Job Location : Spain/ Algeria
Project : Brownfield project in Algeria
- Managing a significant greenfield and brownfield development onshore Algeria as part of the extension of an existing producing oil field.
- Managing multiple stakeholders internally, within the JV and externally.
- Managing the delivery of the project on a day-to-day basis, using the project tools and systems. This includes aligning disciplines, teams and contractors with the goals of the project, as they execute the work.
- The Project Director take all the responsibility for ensuring that the wells and associated facilities are designed and planned to ensure a safe and predictable build, test and start-up, with due regard for quality and operability, ensuring maximum value is obtained for the client.
- He/ She will maintain control over cost, schedule and appropriate risk management by interfacing directly with all functions in the development.
- He/ She will lead a team of project and discipline engineers, and will work closely with HSE, Quality, Subsurface, Commercial and Operational functions throughout the project.
- He / She will main interface and point of contact with the E&P Capital Projects Team and the Algerian Asset through the Joint Venture structure.
- Track record of setting HSE targets and expectations and leading by example.
- An experienced Project Director with proven track record of delivering successful capital projects across all phases of development from project sanction to production start-up.
- Experience 20+ years of experience in the upstream Oil and Gas Industry, with several years of Project Management / Leadership
- Possesses the technical authority to manage a range of technical people and contractors. Team leadership and coordination and direction of a group encompassing a diverse group of staff/contractors.
- Project/facilities standards, legislation knowledge and experience.
- Both green and brown-field project management experience is essential. MENA region project delivery experience would be highly beneficial.
- Able to plan, coordinate and work solutions in conjunctions with others in the team and work and wider E&P functions.
- Ability to see the long term aims within a project and lead the planning of steps to delivery of these aims.
- Familiar and experienced in project management processes.
- Stakeholder management experience of presenting and negotiating with executive management, government bodies, JV partners and other external stakeholders.
- Degree level relevant engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Chartership or Project Management association would be beneficial.
- Work knowledge of French would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Extensive Project execution experience with an E&P Operator is essential.
To apply for this job please visit altea-energy.com.